Samsung Note 3: "Prevention Information" Message

David Vlk

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3 "Prevention Information" Message

Nono of the solutions described above works for me if restarted and switched wifi off and on.

rbreban

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Tagging this thread, as I am getting this message as well. I checked the 30 day box. only apps installed by me are Shazam, HF Scientific Calculator, Google Sky Map and Lotus Notes traveller.
Ummm i also have shazam and google skymap.

mango1228

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

I just checked and you are right.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

stunnrock

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Disabling Knox is only shooting the messenger! I also get this message, haven't sideloaded anything and haven't rooted Note 3. Perhaps some other application update is trying to do something it shouldn't, or an update to Knox is catching some rogue application that it didn't before. Either way, it seems foolish to disable Knox without knowing more.

Colin Warrington

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I have a N9005 Note 3 and just started receiving this message.
Thanks to this forum I confirmed that switching wifi on and off sets the error in motion and on my phone the solution seems to be long pressing on the notification message to get the Knox app screen and clearing the cache and forcing the program to stop.
Hopefully this will be a lasting solution but only time will show.

Nyhirah

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

I have an unrooted note 3 no side loaded apps and just started receiving this pop up about an hour ago. Haven't downloaded any apps today but Instagram and tumblr had both just updated. Long press app info give me Knox but it is turned off. I don't even know what Knox is

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Mine just started doing this today as well. Same as everyone - Knox causing it, phone is not rooted, just apps from the app store. Awesome.

Posted via Android Central App

horsemzb

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

I also started to have this problem today. Really annoying. Does anyone know whom should we report this? I only install apps from Google store.

DonLimCK

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys, I'm also encountering this same issue. Am using a n9005. This message just happened today. My phone is not rooted. I also have 'install unknown apps' ticked. I done something and after that the message disappear. I will report back a few days later on my findings. Here's what I did.
I uninstall the followings apps which I have downloaded/ updated today.
- Castle Clash
- ccleaner
- Samsung hub
- Samsung app

Uninstall all parts of samsung hub . Example:games hub, learning hub, books hub

Hope you will find this useful.
Cheers

Update : Message still appear

Last edited:

Ramy Nabil

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Guys I solved it for my phone. When I received the notification, I went to app info(Knox notification) and cleared the cache and then cleared data. Now it doesn't show up anymore. Hippie that helps

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Tried that - still happening for me

Edit: actually, after clearing knox data, I then restarted which caused it to appear again. Reading more online, I guess you're not supposed to reboot after clearing.

Last edited:

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

So are you guys disabling Knox altogether? I'm not quite sure what it does or if I should disable it?

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I've never used / activated it either - but it's still supposedly what's causing the issue...I guess I assume it must be active if it's causing errors?

Silkwrm

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

I have a solution. I had the same thing very annoying I almost rooted. Below is a transcript from Samsung online help I had today:

Valerina: Let's try to troubleshoot the issue by performing Wipe cache partition. Wipe cache partition will recycle the internal circuit of your phone and it will delete unwanted files. Shall I proceed with the steps?

Visitor: no modifications, no root

Visitor: sure

Valerina: 1 Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).

Valerina: 2 Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.

Valerina: 3 When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.

Valerina: 4 When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

Valerina: 5 Navigate with the Volume keys to the Wipe all cache .reset option and press the Power key to select.

Valerina: 6 press the Power key to reboot system now.

Visitor: rebooting now

Visitor: That seems to have worked normally it pops up on reboot

Fixed my Netflix to boot :cool: