Samsung Pay Will NOT Work if Encyption is Enabled

pwillia1137

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I kept trying to add a credit card and got the "Failed to Connect to Server. Try again later" error.

I had a chat session with Samsung rep and was told that Samsung Pay will NOT work with phone encryption enabled. Unfortunately, my company email requires that the phone encryption be enabled. Seems like a serious deficiency with the system.

Here is the chat exchange:

Karthik B: I'm sorry for any miscommunication, the Samsung pay application will not work if the device is encrypted.

Paul: Is this a defect or something that is planned to be corrected in a future release?

Karthik B: It is designed in such a way. However, you can try decrypting the device and access the Samsung pay application.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, is this standard device encryption or is this part of a corporate IT policy enforced on your phone?

ceger

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
My ATT Edge + is encrypted and running Samsung Pay just fine. Maybe because it was encrypted before SP was installed? Don't know, but I am encrypted with built in encryption which I turned on for my work email access.

teckn9ne23

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I have s6 edge and wifes edge plus both encrypted and no problems with samsung pay at all on either phone

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK