Samsung return kit - with fireproof box!

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
who else is waiting on their firebox?

Seriously bummed out note 7 owner here. I took the phone to 2 Verizon corporate stores only to be told it was all handled online. I got the runaround from the sales jockeys to "upgrade" to an iphone 7 or note 5. Went back home and chatted to Verizon online sales rep who told me anyone that ordered online will receive their fireproof boxes to return the note 7.

The honeymoon was nice while it lasted

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: who else is waiting on their firebox?

Seriously bummed out note 7 owner here. I took the phone to 2 Verizon corporate stores only to be told it was all handled online. I got the runaround from the sales jockeys to "upgrade" to an iphone 7 or note 5. Went back home and chatted to Verizon online sales rep who told me anyone that ordered online will receive their fireproof boxes to return the note 7.

The honeymoon was nice while it lasted
That's unfortunate. I'm not sure what you plan on getting; however, if it's the S7/S7 Edge then you can claim a $100 credit they are offering customers who stick with the Galaxy brand: Samsung offers $100 credit to swap your Note 7 for another Galaxy phone | Android Central

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: who else is waiting on their firebox?

That's unfortunate. I'm not sure what you plan on getting; however, if it's the S7/S7 Edge then you can claim a $100 credit they are offering customers who stick with the Galaxy brand: Samsung offers $100 credit to swap your Note 7 for another Galaxy phone | Android Central

I would do that but I fear I will be stuck with that phone when note8 or whatever they are calling it comes out. I dont want to be stuck w s7 payments so my only choice is to wait

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
The video on this page really hacks me off:

Will the spectacular failure of the Samsung Note 7 kill Android? A data-driven analysis | ZDNet

There is NO WAY that Samsung hasn't been working on a total recall before the Southwest Airlines incident - how long have they been selling us a bill of goods on the Note 7? Just designing and preparing a step by step return procedure had to take weeks (looks like those guys in the movie "Apollo 13")

"Samsung wants us to fit the GN7 into a box just using this stuff and not blow up the UPS truck!"
hqdefault.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
FedEx just delivered my box for my original note7. Have to ship it back UPS. Now I have to call for a box for my replacement note7.

techiekat

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I got my 3rd return box delivered thru UPS yesterday. It did not have fireproof anything. It just had some styrofoam peanuts and plastic bubble wrap bag for the phone.
I already returned my recalled Note 7 and replacement in person, but yet the company Samsung hired to handle shipments of the recalls sent me 3 empty boxes to return the phones I already returned.
What a waste of money that the incompetent company is costing Samsung.

marsneyb

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
When I went in to vzw corporate store to exchange my N7 I was told they would swap out my Note for a S7 edge but they don't take the Note , I was told samsung sends out a return box but it's been a couple weeks and still nothing.... am I supposed to request a return box or does it take that long to receive return box?