Samsung Trade-In program

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got an email on Friday, September 1 about my Watch5 Pro being received. I've never had an issue with trade-ins before, but given all the reports here about trade-ins being rejected, I did indeed take a video of my watch properly booting up after being reset. I shall post again when (if?) I get a notice that my trade-in was accepted.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Well, after a quick chat this morning, I'm relieved to say I can finally stop worrying about my trade in credit for the GW5 Pro. The rep put in a manual completion to satisfy the credit. I also received an email during our chat.

Samsung received my trade on 8/14/23 so it had been well beyond 14 business days, so perhaps they figured they had run out of excuses

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
and so it goes...called Samsung after 15 business days with no resolution on my trade-in. they missed the date, and manually pushed through the trade-in. now I can begin enjoying my W6C 😉
Same here, just got off the chat with them and they manually accepted my trade. I don't know why they dropped the ball. They are usually better than this, actually rejecting more trade-ins instead dropping the ball.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I received the 'Your trade-in results' email yesterday stating,:

Because your Trade-in device, Galaxy Z Flip4, did not satisfy all requirements of our Trade-in Program Terms and Conditions, your Credit Card account used for order #USxxxxxxxxx will be charged $xxx, plus applicable taxes.

Picture from email:
20230913.jpg

Must be a magical device, as I packed up an excellent condition Watch 3 & upon opening the box they pulled out a broken Galaxy Z Flip4. ..(Prest-O Change-O)..

My Watch trade-in spent 6 days sitting in a FedEx warehouse in Texas. It was scanned out & then scanned in as 'delayed' within 2 minutes. My Husband's watch trade-in was shipped at the same time as mine but while mine was delayed, his went out for delivery.

I was fortunate to work with a helpful Samsung support representative & the charge back was waived.

My husband reached out to Samsung support, as while his trade-in was confirmed delivered, after waiting for three weeks, he hadn't received any further communication. It looks like it was 'lost' at the Hyla Mobile facility. The Samsung rep manually completed the trade-in.

Two trade-ins shipped at the same time, from same household...both transactions had problems...

Samsung treated us very well, couldn't have asked any more from them. Thanks to those Support Reps. But these situations are so stressful. I can't blame Samsung for either one of these situations. It appears, on the surface, in our cases, FedEx & Hyla Mobile.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ever since the pandemic it seems like the same old story, send your device in to Sammy, pull the handle on the slot machine, and hope you get lucky 😲

I suspect most folks have plenty of other things to worry about currently without needing yet another piled on their plate ☹️

I will be going through Best Buy, or whatever other in person trade in options I can find, vs dealing with Samsungs Roulette Wheel style trade in system. I have way more than enough other things to deal with... if I trade anything in I'm fine losing some money on the deal as long as it's done on the spot and I'm out the door with my new phone.

Plus I pay cash, so no credit card to try and game me with, by attempting to retroactively charge it back later 😉

I'm really getting sick of all these companies games and screw ups 🙄

happycat9

Aug 5, 2019
Visit site
Guess I’m going to need to call. I still haven’t heard from Samsung about my trade in. I sent an excellent condition Active 2 for trade in back in August! the trade in was received on August 17. i did get an email on August 31 saying I would hear in 14 business days.

Reactions: J Dubbs

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Just got confirmation the other day that my Watch5 Pro trade-in was accepted. Due to all the issues people have had with trade-ins being accepted, I did take a video showing it properly starting up and being cleared of all password locks, but I got lucky and that turned out not to be necessary.
(Still going to do this for all future phone and watch trade-ins)

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ah I just realized I haven't gotten confirmation that everything is good still. I did a chat with support and they said, "It can take 14 business days, which is done tomorrow, so you'll have a resolution by then."

That was a couple weeks ago.

• Wow

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've found that AT&T trade ins are even worse. You mail your phone back using the slowest, untrackable USPS delivery and I've had 2 phones lost in the process. I had to file FCC complaints to get any resolution from AT&T.

• Wow

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I had planned to trade in my old Huawei smartwatch on a Watch 6 Classic, but even with a new battery it won't boot. If you expand the trade-in details near the bottom of this page: https://www.samsung.com/us/watches/galaxy-watch6/buy/ it says, if "Samsung determines your device does not meet all eligibility requirements, you will be charged back for the trade-in credit applied to your purchase minus $25."

I asked this question in a chat with Samsung and here is their response.

(16:27:14 GMT) Jeremiah Ashley San Luis: Regards your question yes.
(16:28:41 GMT) Jim Smith: Thanks! Just to verify, I can send in my non-eligible watch and still get a $25 credit?
(16:28:56 GMT) Jeremiah Ashley San Luis: Yes 😊

Has anyone else done this? If so, I'll probably give it a shot!

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I had planned to trade in my old Huawei smartwatch on a Watch 6 Classic, but even with a new battery it won't boot. If you expand the trade-in details near the bottom of this page: https://www.samsung.com/us/watches/galaxy-watch6/buy/ it says, if "Samsung determines your device does not meet all eligibility requirements, you will be charged back for the trade-in credit applied to your purchase minus $25."

I asked this question in a chat with Samsung and here is their response.

(16:27:14 GMT) Jeremiah Ashley San Luis: Regards your question yes.
(16:28:41 GMT) Jim Smith: Thanks! Just to verify, I can send in my non-eligible watch and still get a $25 credit?
(16:28:56 GMT) Jeremiah Ashley San Luis: Yes 😊

Has anyone else done this? If so, I'll probably give it a shot!
you need to hurry up and post another comment...your comment totals are suspect ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali