Samsung S8+ - Cant download files

XaeroR35

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My samsung recently stopped downloading files(PDFs, .zips, anything really). I can download apps just fine from the play store, but browser downloads do not work at all. When I click a file to download, the downloads folder opens up, but the files never start downloading. I dont even get the notification that they are trying to download. I have plenty of storage space. I tried clearing cache from the downloads app, and the entire phone. Neither helped. What could be causing this ?

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Make sure Chrome (or whichever browser you're using) has permission to use Storage:

Settings->Apps->Chrome
Permissions
Enable "Storage"

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Snyded187

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
Make sure Chrome (or whichever browser you're using) has permission to use Storage:

Settings->Apps->Chrome
Permissions
Enable "Storage"

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

I have this enabled but its still not allowing downloads from chrome

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it doesn't allow downloads from Chrome, what exactly happens when you try to download? What kinds of files are you trying to download?