Samsung software update... Processing failed?

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
On my S7, when I manually check for update (under Settings), it ends with the error "processing failed".

Anyone else has this issue?

tuscanybay

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Mystery solved. I made a mistake in using Odin to flash the firmware - did not flash all 4 files downloaded. Now it's all good.

Last edited:

shayanbaig

Jun 29, 2018
Visit site
Hello.
On my s7edge while downloading updates from setting it says "Registring Device". After few seconds it says "Processing Failed".
Current android version is 7.1 Nougat.
Willing to update to oreo.
Any help will be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Has the phone ever been rooted? Have you ever replaced the ROM with another one? Either one will keep it from being updated.

Even if not, you may have to back it up (which you should always do - you should always have a current update of anything important - if you drop it into a puddle or in front of a car, you can't recover anything from it) and reflash the stock firmware.

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Depends on a few things. 1. Your location. 2. Your carrier. 3. Your internet speed. The carrier will usually determine when you get an update. It could also be the model, but in this it's not because I have a S7 here in the Philippines and I got the Oreo push about 10 days ago. I seem to get updates fairly quickly here for whatever reason. Others get theirs before me as well. Btw, once you get Oreo it's going to mess with some of your Samsung Messages actions like it will kill the message bubble up top. I switched to Textra and now it works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon