Samsung TAB A - problem viewing PDF files

rogerbid

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello!! I have somehow messed up the handling of PDF files on my TAB A.

When I open a pdf file the tablet opens straight into a Print screen and not a PDF viewer. Nothing I do allows me to select a printer (so if I wanted to print it I couldn't) and I cannot exit the print screen and just view the document as normal.

(I don't know which app I have installed that opens PDF files. Nothing obvious shows up in the list of Apps in Settings.)

This problem has arisen after I had a problem getting anything to print. I have somehow got the print function back for Word documents but .pdf files still present a problem. Any advice will be welcome, thanks.

Edit: I suspect the .pdf file is being opened in Mobile Print which I note is 'set to open by default for some actions'! Could this have something to do with it?

Roger B

rogerbid

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, Thank you both for the very quick replies. I will try the suggestion and get back to you tomorrow. (GMT+11 here and just off to bed!)

Edit: Disregard that, thought it should be easy so just tried it. No luck, I can call up the list of Apps under Settings but I do not see a Menu tab to click on! Sorry, can you tell what I am doing wrong please?

Edit, again! Sorry, found the menu thing, the 3 dots, and followed instructions - success! Thanks so much!

Thanks again,

Roger

Last edited:

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Maybe try to install a PDF viewer 3rd party app. That might cause your device to have to clean-up how it handles choosing between what app will be the default app for PDF files.

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
Thanks spARTacus for the suggestion. I did think of downloading another app but preferred not to. I try to keep the number of 3rd part apps to a minimum.

Thanks again,

Roger
Since you are on Android, you are already tied into Google. Why not try the google docs app as the "3rd party app". It handles pdf files I think.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz