Samsung tab S3 rejects formatted 1TB external hard drive with power supply.

Think1st

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy tab S3, with Android 7.0 and I have a WD 1TB external hard drive, with its own power source. I connected both and it told me that I had to format the hard drive because it was corrupted and I was led to a page I clicked the button and it was formatted automatically.

Next my son put some files on it from his computer and I reconnected the hard drive to the tab and it read it just fine. Then I put files from my tablet onto the hard drive and all this time my tab was reading it just fine.

Then I disconnect and a little later decide to reconnect the hard drive to move files from a memory stick (I have an OTG cable with 2 USB slots to do this)....... and then my tab says that the 1TB hard drive is corrupted and needs to be formatted again. It seems like I could reformat and redo everything and the connection would work but next time I try it'll tell me to reformat again.

Has anyone out there come across this before? I can't find anything on the internet about it. It works well on my son's computer and it worked well enough for me to transfer a lot of files from my tablet.
Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia