Samsung watch won't activate mobile data

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
So decided to start using my watch today. It's an lte version on its own plan. Anyways every time I got to activate the data on it so that I can use it independently from blue tooth (calls forwarded to the watch if phone isn't around) I get an error. I bought my s20+ the unlocked version. So I'm wondering if that's the case bc it's not a branded Verizon phone. Would that cause the issue?

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Activating data on the watch shouldn't have anything to do with the phone that you are using. I would check with your carrier.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
I had a Verizon branded 10+ I bought the samsung watch through Verizon. I've had the watch since August was without issue. I recently got an unlocked s20+ and when I went to pair the watch it kept saying error when it went to connect to data. The watch has lte service but what is not working is the remote stuff like the number share stuff. I was wondering if it was bc I have an unlocked model s20+ now and not a Verizon model phone?

big samm

Mar 24, 2020
Visit site
I had a Verizon branded 10+ I bought the samsung watch through Verizon. I've had the watch since August was without issue. I recently got an unlocked s20+ and when I went to pair the watch it kept saying error when it went to connect to data. The watch has lte service but what is not working is the remote stuff like the number share stuff. I was wondering if it was bc I have an unlocked model s20+ now and not a Verizon model phone?
Are you sign in on your samsung account on the phone via the samsung wearable app?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Make sure Verizon has the IMEI of your S20+ in their system and provisioned properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos