Saved/downloaded pictures don't appear in gallery?

ORIONXVIII

May 25, 2019
Visit site
Gallery looks in Media Scanner's database to see what files to display. (Otherwise every time you ran Gallery it would have to stop everything to scan the entire phone for files.)

Taking a picture triggers Media Scanner to add the picture to the database. Recording a video or sound file triggers it. Downloading or copying a file doesn't trigger it. So Gallery isn't aware that you downloaded or copied that file. You can restart the phone to rerun Media Scanner, or you can install media.Re.Scan and make it rescan any time you change things (like downloading a media file). It's free, it does the job nicely and it works with KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow. (And it doesn't use any resources except for 8MB of storage unless you're running it.)

Yeah, but who wants to resestart every time, Mr. Chow?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm late to this thread, but if many or all of you are using the Google search app (not Chrome) to download images, then you have to go to Settings>Apps, select Google, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on. If it's not turned on, then downloaded images go to a protected system directory called /document that can only be accessed by the Google app itself. If the permission is turned on, then they get downloaded to the user-accessible /Download directory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'd have to access those files from within the Google app itself. Open the Google app, tap More>Collections>Favorite Images, and I think you'll find them there. I don't think you can download them from there, though -- you'd have to go back to the website where you got those photos (or repeat the Google Image Search for them) and re-download them.

ragarci2

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
You'd have to access those files from within the Google app itself. Open the Google app, tap More>Collections>Favorite Images, and I think you'll find them there. I don't think you can download them from there, though -- you'd have to go back to the website where you got those photos (or repeat the Google Image Search for them) and re-download them.

I'm more interested in getting them OFF my phone (as they are presumably using disk space). Doesn't look like that's them though. Thanks anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capcut pro apk download