Scheduled DND

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the Active 2 and upgraded to the GW4 Classic. I was pretty disappointed to find out that you can't schedule the watch to go into DND through the Wear app anymore. I loved using this so I could automatically have DND on while working. In case this option doesn't come back to the Wear app, does anyone have any alternatives that would let me schedule DND for my watch? Thanks.

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
So I set up a rule to set my phone in DND while at work and that rule is activating on my phone just fine, but that doesn't stop the notifications from showing on my watch. I really would prefer a way of putting my watch into DND mode on a schedule which the Wear app used to have as a feature.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So I set up a rule to set my phone in DND while at work and that rule is activating on my phone just fine, but that doesn't stop the notifications from showing on my watch. I really would prefer a way of putting my watch into DND mode on a schedule which the Wear app used to have as a feature.

SHOWING on your watch or actually chiming and making sounds.

I am not sure there is a way to stop all notifications on your watch for DND, but DND should make it not make any noise.+

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
SHOWING on your watch or actually chiming and making sounds.

I am not sure there is a way to stop all notifications on your watch for DND, but DND should make it not make any noise.+

I have all sounds off already. DND stops notifications from showing on the watch at all which is what I like to have set mostly while working. For now it looks like manually turning it on is all I can do unless the feature is added back to the Wear app.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I guess this is probably the best solution at this point. I really did like having the separate settings but I will work with what I have. Thank you.
I'm guessing you're not using a Samsung phone with your watch?

I found on my Galaxy Watch Active 2 that I could only sync DND between the watch and my phone if I was using a Samsung phone ... on my Pixel syncing DND between my phone and watch is not an option and setting DND ony Pixle does not stop notifications on my watch. Have to either manually put the watch on DND, bedtime mode or theater mode to stop notifications on it.

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you're not using a Samsung phone with your watch?

I found on my Galaxy Watch Active 2 that I could only sync DND between the watch and my phone if I was using a Samsung phone ... on my Pixel syncing DND between my phone and watch is not an option and setting DND ony Pixle does not stop notifications on my watch. Have to either manually put the watch on DND, bedtime mode or theater mode to stop notifications on it.

Correct, I'm using a Pixel 5. The Wear software still allowed you to schedule DND for the watch independently from the phone when using the Active 2. The feature is no longer there when my app updated for the new watch. I'm getting in the habit of setting the DND manually when I need to but it's a shame that feature was removed.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Correct, I'm using a Pixel 5. The Wear software still allowed you to schedule DND for the watch independently from the phone when using the Active 2. The feature is no longer there when my app updated for the new watch. I'm getting in the habit of setting the DND manually when I need to but it's a shame that feature was removed.
Ah, I see! Yeah, that setting is still available for me in the Wear app with my Active 2.

Removing this from the new watches is a BS move by Samsung IMO. Are they (further) crippling the experience when paired with a non Samsung phone to try and entice people to switch to Samsung phones?

emock81

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see! Yeah, that setting is still available for me in the Wear app with my Active 2.

Removing this from the new watches is a BS move by Samsung IMO. Are they (further) crippling the experience when paired with a non Samsung phone to try and entice people to switch to Samsung phones?

Possibly. I did see some reports saying that not all of the health sensors that are built into the GW4 will be available to non-Samsung phone users, but I wasn't too concerned about it. I think there are people who fix that and it may be something that can be side loaded if I really want to look for it. I may have read that on one of the boards here.

I am hoping they will eventually roll out a few new features as they continue to update features with Wear OS.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh