screen orientation

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just a random question, but when at the home screen, with the auto-rotate enabled, is the home screen supposed to go into landscape mode when I turn the phone? I'm trying to remember if i was able to get the screen to rotate without opening the keyboard when I first got my epic or if I was just using the keyboard then.

Tried finding if anyone else had this issue, but the only thing that came up was a dead accelerometer, but I don't think that's the case with mine as it still works without pulling the keyboard out when using apps and whatnot.

jd195

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Did you try:
Menu>Settings>Display>Orentation?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Yep. First thing I made sure to check. Also tried toggling the orientation, restarting the phone, and such without it changing.

Also, ty for the input, george. Like I said, just trying to figure out if it was something it ever did or I was just imagining things.

Annihil8or

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah looks like the screen orientation only changes when the keyboard is out, for the home screens. If you are in a web browser or other select programs the orientation will rotate simply by turning the phone.