screen protection & cases

mowquas

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Insprire a couple weeks ago after having an iPhone for almost three years. Loving the phone and Android...wish I'd have made the switch sooner.

I'm not one to use cases or screen protectors but want to protect what I now have. What is the consensus on the Insprire- screen protection or no? If yes, which brand works best?

Also- what case works best. Love the slim profile so I really don't want to add bulk.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the standard Body Glove case for my Inspire (the one from the AT&T store). I wasn't sure at first just because I thought a gel style case would get caught in my jean pocket. Overall, however, I'm happy with this case.

When I'm ready to try something else I'm going to check out the Seidio Innocase Active X for the Inspire.

http://store.androidcentral.com/seidio-innocase-active-x/4A54A8170.htm

Here's another option as well.

http://store.androidcentral.com/seidio-innocase-ii-surface/4A123A8084.htm

As for the screen protector, I'm typically not a fan, just because of the air bubbles. I can never seem to get them just right. I saw an ad for the invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG and decided to buy one (couldn't help myself!). It's yet to arrive however.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Their warranty & return policy are both excellent!

What is the invisibleSHIELD Lifetime Replacement Guarantee?

The Lifetime Replacement Guarantee is simply what it says: If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn, or damaged while protecting your device, we offer you a free invisibleSHIELD replacement for as long as you own your device. We want you to feel safe and secure when investing in your digital life, and that you are confident the invisibleSHIELD is the strongest and most durable protection you will find. Returning the original invisibleSHIELD is required.

What is the 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty?

We are confident you will experience excellence with your ZAGG products. Should our products cease to function properly, we are pleased to offer a 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty on ZAGGaudio products, the ZAGGsparq, and the ZAGGsparq 2.0. ZAGG will replace your ZAGG product at no charge if it does not function at its fullest potential.

What is the 45 Day Money Back Guarantee?

Your purchase is backed by our 45 Day Money-Back Guarantee*. If you're not completely satisfied with your ZAGG product, return it within 45 days of your purchase date for a 100% refund. Partial order returns are not eligible for shipping and handling refunds.

ZAGG's 45 Day Money-Back Guarantee only applies to ZAGG purchases made from ZAGG.com. For retail ZAGG purchases, such as purchases made at Best Buy, please contact the original retail location for refund information.

* The purchase of any "clearance" items that are no longer offered at ZAGG.com offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee only.

* The 45 Day Money Back Guarantee does not apply to ZAGGbox purchases

* 45 Day Money-Back Guarantee not available in Hong Kong or China.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm the same way. Hate cases that add bulk. I got the case mate barely there. It's awesome. Very slim and minimal and doesn't add any bulk. Protects the back for your normal scratches and what not. It also comes with a screen protector that is great but it is starting to gather a lot of scratches on it that are becoming very annoying.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

enigmaos

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have case mate tough case. It has two layers: silicone (inner) and ABS (outer).
I am thinking about getting an otterbox commuter. It has two layers as well.
I like both of them because they fit in seidio active x holster.

Last edited:

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm the same way. Hate cases that add bulk. I got the case mate barely there. It's awesome. Very slim and minimal and doesn't add any bulk. Protects the back for your normal scratches and what not. It also comes with a screen protector that is great but it is starting to gather a lot of scratches on it that are becoming very annoying.

I also have the Barely There and love it and you're right, the screen shield scratches way to easy.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I came from an iPhone3g and love the Inspire as well. I use the Seidio ActiveX case and picked up a screen protector from Seidio as well.

Bluezero

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Zagg screen protector and it works great. Best Buy "installed" it for me (I had no option), and therefore no bubbles. It's a bit shiny, but other than that great.

I do not have a case yet, I really don't see the need. If I ever go with one, I'll probably go Otterbox, they seem to be the best.

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I do not have a case yet, I really don't see the need. If I ever go with one, I'll probably go Otterbox, they seem to be the best.

I've never really been a case guy myself, but having one on the Inspire really helps with my grip on the phone (especially in landscape while playing games).

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a Zagg on it for a while but it just didn't look good to me - had that "orange peel" look to it. Anyway, I removed that and got a Seidio version. The difference is night and day. I got mine from Amazon for about twelve bucks for a two pack.

Tigger76

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Case-Mate Pop case and I really like it so far. It has a rubbery inner case and hard (probably ABS) plastic outer, but the two parts are molded together (unlike the Tough case). I really like having the rubber grips on the sides of the phone. The screen protector that came with the case seems to be faring well too. The only complain I've got so far is that the shiny hard plastic does scratch easily, but then again it's the case that's scratching and not the phone. Apart from the scratches, it looks sleek and works well. I have dropped the thing once already (knocked it off my desk onto a hard floor) and can't see any indication that it fell.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Case-Mate Pop case and I really like it so far. It has a rubbery inner case and hard (probably ABS) plastic outer, but the two parts are molded together (unlike the Tough case). I really like having the rubber grips on the sides of the phone. The screen protector that came with the case seems to be faring well too. The only complain I've got so far is that the shiny hard plastic does scratch easily, but then again it's the case that's scratching and not the phone. Apart from the scratches, it looks sleek and works well. I have dropped the thing once already (knocked it off my desk onto a hard floor) and can't see any indication that it fell.

I had that case first and you're right the plastic scratches very easily. I had it for about a few weeks and took care of it and the damn thing still scratched up like crazy! It's funny I have the barely there case now and not one scratch on the back of it. Just there material I guess.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29