screen protector

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
With Gorilla Glass 4, any reason for a screen protector. My past phones have had a Zagg Glass screen protector and thinking about the same for this? thoughts?

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The current Zagg is rubbish, far far too small. I think a phone needs a screen protector still. Just my opinion assuming you can't live with micro scratches and wear and tear at best.

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I always put a zagg on as well, got a cheap one from Amazon. AmFilm and it was garbage. Halos everywhere. Will probably just go with the zagg.

jettrue

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have a screen protector on my 6p with gorilla glass 4. dropped it face down just right on some gravelly asphalt and the screen shattered. Of course that might have still happened with one on, but I'll be using one on my pixel. Had device protection but would rather keep my $.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I always put a zagg on as well, got a cheap one from Amazon. AmFilm and it was garbage. Halos everywhere. Will probably just go with the zagg.

The Zagg is really bad. Doesn't cover the whole viewable part of the glass let alone all of the glass and has a halo around. Awful screen protector. They need to change it massively.

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
What do you guys think about phone skin? Are they protective or just for the look?

Skins will protect from scratches, but thats about it. If you drop it, depending on what it hits you could still get a gash in the phone through the skin.

chi-rak

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think of this color design for a dbrand skin?

dbrandpixelmock.JPG

I normally stick to a low key black or grey, but was thinking that I may bold on the pixel XL. It deserves more looks!

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think of this color design for a dbrand skin?

View attachment 243222

I normally stick to a low key black or grey, but was thinking that I may bold on the pixel XL. It deserves more looks!

I wouldn't get it because I need more protection, but I think it looks awesome. Maybe once the newness of the phone wears off, and others have come our, I would get something like it.

chi-rak

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't get it because I need more protection, but I think it looks awesome. Maybe once the newness of the phone wears off, and others have come our, I would get something like it.

Thanks. I've gotten by with a screen protector forever (jinx!) So, I didn't plan on adding a case. Planing on adding squaretrade or something just in case. Bought from Verizon, so I, unfortunately, can't use Google Device Protection.

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The current Zagg is rubbish, far far too small. I think a phone needs a screen protector still. Just my opinion assuming you can't live with micro scratches and wear and tear at best.

How do you already have a Zagg screen protector? I ordered mine the day they had it available on the website and they still aren't shipping them yet.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
They had them in the store I bought the phone from so Zagg must have supplied their first batch of early inventory to stores to cover impulse buys. I wish they hadn't. It is a terrible screen protector.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Can also confirm Verizon has them in stores, but I did not pick one up.

I had them put one on my phone. It's very slick very smooth, but it has a gap of almost one eighth of an inch around all the sides. Seems to be okay with me since the lip of my case, and most cases would prevent you from touching that portion of the screen anyway

jd78

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I had them put one on my phone. It's very slick very smooth, but it has a gap of almost one eighth of an inch around all the sides. Seems to be okay with me since the lip of my case, and most cases would prevent you from touching that portion of the screen anyway

I don't mind the gap as it makes it "case friendly". However, the cheap ones I got from Amazon don't adhere around the edges at all. I assume the Zagg at least adhere all the way around...

EDIT: I missed where someone said earlier that it does not cover the usable part of the screen (i'm guessing on the sides). A few reviews on Verizon's website state this as well. I'll skip this one.

Last edited:

Aj Nexus

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
It's like a rule of thumb to always protect your screen... No matter how careful you are.

With Gorilla Glass 4, any reason for a screen protector. My past phones have had a Zagg Glass screen protector and thinking about the same for this? thoughts?

Last edited:

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
a bad screen protector can really ruin the feel. of a beautiful phone. zagg =garbage. clear, clean, unnoticeable, smooth, touch perfect = wait for a spigen /sgp protector to. come. if it hasn't yet. the only ones Id ever put on my phones.

weknsmith

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Another thread in the forums is stating that glass screen protectors are intentionally small due to the curved screen. Several versions out there are too large and leave a lip around the outside edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treoluv