Screen Protectors?

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am really hoping these will be available for the xoom at launch? Those screens are sooo reflective and look like fingerprint magnets.

Anyone find a site with these?

Low023

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors are the biggest scam in the touchscreen market. Most modern phones/tablets use Gorilla Glass and are nearly impossible to scratch under ordinary use, unless you are a diamond miner I guess.
Plus screen protectors make the touch screens far less sensitive and add unneeded blemishes.

Here's a scratch test video for you.

Don't get scammed.

xxraffyxx

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Screen protectors are the biggest scam in the touchscreen market. Most modern phones/tablets use Gorilla Glass and are nearly impossible to scratch under ordinary use, unless you are a diamond miner I guess.
Plus screen protectors make the touch screens far less sensitive and add unneeded blemishes.

Here's a scratch test video for you.

Don't get scammed.

I go naked on all my phone, however screen protectors are not a scam. Too many times people will bring up that diamonds are the only thing to scratch gorilla glass, but you are forgetting about sand. If sand were to rub against your gorilla glass screen you will not be a happy man. Again I go naked on all my phones, but I wouldnt call screen protectors a scam.....paying $10-$15 for a screen protector is. Buy a bundle of some cheap screen protectors.

chaguewood

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I mostly want one to protect from fingerprints. I guess in reality a screen protector isn't going to get rid of them, but it feels like it reduces them. At least on my Evo is seems that way.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's a challenge to get a protector on the phone perfectly. I usually buy a pack and am successful on the second or third try... because I need it perfect, so perfect it's a challenge to see the protector. ;-)

My XOOM will probably go naked. It's hard to believe I am capable of getting a protector of that size perfectly aligned with zero bubbles or trapped schmutz.

Plus, the cost of a pack of such large protectors would be high.

ckeegan003

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, my XOOM will go naked too. I've honestly never put a screen protector on any of my smartphones. The fingerprints can be a pain, but I always have one of those Oakley sunglass bags laying around, and those seem to do a great job.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I have seen many things still manage to scratch Gorilla Glass over time. I'm a clean freak and I am using my shirt or whatever I have available to wipe my screen down practically every 5 minutes. Over time I've developed small scratches on my screen presumably from the fibers in my clothing constantly being rubbed against it.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I will not be buying a screen protector for my XOOM. The gorilla glass is enough for me and whenever it's not in my hands it'll be in the portfolio case.

However, I can see why you'd want a non-reflective protector on the device.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My Incredible has been naked since release last year and there isn't a scratch on it. needless to say, I won't be buying a screen protector if I get the Xoom.

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
For the ost part, I've always had screen protectors on all my phones. I never have any scratches, although, sometimes the screen protector does bother me. If I see screen protectors for the Xoo, I'll definitely try and see how it goes.

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my skinomi from amazon. I feel better having a protector for extra protection can't hurt. Plus the fingerprints wipe off so much easier and the screen feels so much smoother. Skinomi is the best have it on my droid x and my wife's droid the xoom will get the same treatment.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the Skinomi one earlier that also comes with a carbon fiber back cover. I think it's 24.95 or so.

I will probably just go with invisasheild etc when it comes out. I am more interested in an antiglare one though.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Got mine from Verizon and I like them. Easy to install. I have jacked up some protectors before and glad it was not my screen. I see no response issues with them over the xoom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
At my Best Buy they will install a protector when you buy it and a device at the same time and they seem to have a lot of practice putting them on because they come out great

Most Verizon stores I've dealt with will also usually install screen protectors for you. Never had an issue with them messing it up.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the $18 one from Amazon, hopefully it makes cleaning the finger prints easier, that's all I really want.

I'm anxiously awaiting an Otterbox commuter w/their screen protector.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any specific experience with Zagg's protectors? I'm not worried about protecting against scratches or finger prints, but man, this thing is GLOSSY. Glare is a real issue--enough that I'd consider returning it.

If there's a decent antiglare protector that doesn't cut brightness (too much), I'd go for it almost regardless of price. And the screen can get bright enough with good enough battery life (best thing about the Xoom so far) that I'm willing to compromise a bit.