Screen Shots

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
there's an app called SideActions that allow you to map the power button with a long press to take screenshots. That's what I've been doing on all my previous Notes. I find that to be much easier than a palm swipe or any other method.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It all depends and everyone likes their own method, glad we have different options. For me, I own many different Android phones and volume down+power button combo I can do even in sleep on all Android phones. That works fast, easy and something that's burnt into my memory by default. Tomorrow in some Android version if they change and I can't use that, I'll be still fine since I'll use some other method and it'll again part of my habit in no time.

KingSlayerNYC

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Again, unless you guys use gestures for the navigation bar, there is nothing better than Good Lock.

A soft touch screenshot button literally in the navigation bar next to the Home Recents Back keys

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I use gestures, been using that for years and can't go back to navigation bar. That's also an individual preference just like anything else, like the way you take screenshots.

KingSlayerNYC

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Yeah I use gestures, been using that for years and can't go back to navigation bar. That's also an individual preference just like anything else, like the way you take screenshots.

Absolutely.

But for those who still use the nav bar, good lock is the way to go. My nav bar has like 4 additional functions.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I do have good lock, also have had several notes but for me I use edge panel with task I have gotten use to it.I have long fingernails and pushing 2 buttons at same time is not convenient to me

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I do have good lock, also have had several notes but for me I use edge panel with task I have gotten use to it.I have long fingernails and pushing 2 buttons at same time is not convenient to me
Nice !!!! Absolutely what ever works best for you

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't take so many screenshots that I need a button for it in my navigation bar. :D I do mostly use palm swipe, but sometimes when I swipe, I move the screen and it takes the wrong shot. Otherwise I just go and do the power button/lower volume button press. To me, that seems to be the most reliable and easiest since I hold the phone in my left hand usually and my fingers are already there. Next up, I would take out my other phone, and take a picture of the screen, and then smart share the photo back to my phone. Yes, I'm kidding about the last one.

Tech friend

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
FWIW:

I often take screenshots on my Note9. I use the Samsung Assistant menu for this (Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Assistant menu).

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Really? When I say "Hey Google, take a screenshot", it transcribes "Take a screenshot" properly, but replies "Sorry, I don't understand". Is there something extra I have to enable? (US unlocked S22U)

Long press home button; assistant pops up, say "Take a screenshot", works.

Just verified (after setting Google Assistant up which I forgot to do on the new phone, and shutting the mic off on the mini next to me) "Hey Google, take a screenshot" works as well on my S22Ultra on Verizon.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Really? When I say "Hey Google, take a screenshot", it transcribes "Take a screenshot" properly, but replies "Sorry, I don't understand". Is there something extra I have to enable? (US unlocked S22U)
Go to Google discovery tap your account upper right corner >setting>Google assistance >personal results toggle onScreenshot_20220227-120324_Google.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn