Screen visable in sunlight?

RUSirius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Wondering if the TFT LCD on the Mini will be better or worse for viewing outside? I guess the Ultra and Maxx versions use a different screen. (SIze and type)

Have the Droid Razr now and screen outside is not visible. Great phone though.

Thanks!

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on a lot of things but odds are that yes it will be better. The last lcd display moto used was their "colorboost" display which actually did rather well outside compared to AMOLED because LCD is way a head of OLED in brightness

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rip

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Rec'd the mini yesterday to replace my RazrMaxx. The mini screen is viewable in the direct sunlight here in the Nevada desert, unlike my RazrMaxx. That's a big plus for me. So far I'm really liking this little toy!
Regards,
Rip

Rip

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
call reception is excellent. camera is much better (for me) than the Razr Maxx.
So far I'm very happy with the MINI!

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Originall razor maxx? I'm sick of the bulk and want the mini or x. How's battery compared to the trusty 3300 maxx battery? Also my thought is 4.3 usable screen vs X's 4.7 with onscreen buttons is close. How is the active notification on the mini that ppl seem to be bashing?

Sportplumber

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Stopped at Verizon store today and looked at the Mini, Maxx and Ultra. All have nice screens but the Mini seemed brighter. While I didn't do a very extensive comparison, it was pretty obvious on the home screens with the little red bricks that the bricks were orange on the Maxx and Ultras while being more a true red on the Mini. So it seems this is a different technology screen and probably the LCD as spec'd. The screen had the same usable size as my Razr, but I really like the smaller size. Still that 5 inch screen is nice! Decisions...

Will be interested to see what battery life is like.

brianbrain

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
About to go to bed, but this was me today..active notifications on.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377577518214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377577518214.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 17

RUSirius

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Well that is way better than my RAZR as expected. So I went back to the store with my wife and we looked a little more. Screen on Maxx/Ultra does seem to have more contrast and colors seem better as well as images more defined. But this seems to me would only be noticed if I had the phones side by side. Slightly larger keyboard on the 5" versions but font size in gmail looked identical, however images are of course larger.

The Mini is a great value at 99 or 449 off contract. But I can't pull the trigger yet. Will keep reading here. Funny, I remember when I first looked at my RAZR and couldn't believe how big it was. Now I am concerned about the Mini being too small.

brianbrain

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If you're concerned about the Mini being too small, then I would buy the Maxx. For me, the size of the Mini is what sold me. If I didn't prefer the Mini's size so much, I'd definitely spring for the extra storage, larger display, and bigger battery on the Maxx.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte19