SD card slot/camera connection slot

shingi_70

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So sadly this is another ipad vs xoom/honeycomb thing. With the sd card not working coukd one tell me if there is any type of camera connecter kit like the ipad gas. Also even if the sd card were to work can anyone tell me if the xoom is capable of running RAW photos.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I can try this tonight. You can plug your camera into the usb to pull images with a little hack. Not sure about raw. Ill try mine tonight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So sadly this is another ipad vs xoom/honeycomb thing. With the sd card not working coukd one tell me if there is any type of camera connecter kit like the ipad gas. Also even if the sd card were to work can anyone tell me if the xoom is capable of running RAW photos.

The ability for the device to read raw photos would be completely dependant on the photo viewing software you're using and not the operating system. MS Windows doesn't have a built-in ability to read raw photos, every camera manufacturer has its own proprietary raw format. Your camera manufacturer provides software to you when you purchase your camera thats enables you to open the raw photos in windows and also makes their raw format available to software developers to allow them to integrate the raw format into their photo editing software, like Adobe Photoshop etc.

I've looked around and so far haven't found an android app that handles raw files from any camera. I didn't spend too much time looking though so something may exist.

Bottom line is - if there is an android app made that can read the raw photos from your camera, there's no reason it wouldn't run on the Xoom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord