Security update today

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Small update on AT&T, 36+ Mbs. Most likely a maintenance or security release. Security patch level is 09-01-2016.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Installed but no information on what was updated. I assume that this may just be a security update and contains no fixes or additional features.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So far it has removed names from my stock messaging app. All I have now is all the phone numbers. I have to figure out by context who is who.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
So far it has removed names from my stock messaging app. All I have now is all the phone numbers. I have to figure out by context who is who.

This has happened to me before. I think it just took a bit for things the sync back up and once that was done the names showed up.

pjrudd

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I installed the update. Not seeing anything new. It is running smoother, but that could just be the reboot of the phone.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Software version is H90021w and build number is MRA58K. Security software version is MDF v2.0 Release 2. Security patch level is 2016-09-01.

Heathaze

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I received the update as well, the same day as you did. Unfortunately, it has nearly made my phone useless, as after I rebooted, over half of my apps were gone/ broken, their icons replaced by the generic green Android icon.

I reinstalled all my apps, and their data was still present in every instance I checked. Then rebooted after swapping batteries, and *POOF*, apps were gone again, all but four of the previously deleted ones gone. Reinstalled again, and after a reboot, they're all gone again. I'm extremely frustrated at this point.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I received the update as well, the same day as you did. Unfortunately, it has nearly made my phone useless, as after I rebooted, over half of my apps were gone/ broken, their icons replaced by the generic green Android icon.

I reinstalled all my apps, and their data was still present in every instance I checked. Then rebooted after swapping batteries, and *POOF*, apps were gone again, all but four of the previously deleted ones gone. Reinstalled again, and after a reboot, they're all gone again. I'm extremely frustrated at this point.
Not sure if this is related or not but the last time my phone started replacing my icons with the generic android icons it was due to the apps storing files on the SD card. I did notice while I was updating this time it flashed onto the screen really fast that no SD card was detected and immediately flashed mounting SD card afterwards. Maybe something happened during the reboot and your SD partition wasn't mounted? It may help you to try a factory reset.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a Verizon model so the software version is different but the Build number and Security software version are the same.
I have had no issues.

Lateck,

Phillip DeVore

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
In the past however many days now, my V10 will tell me that I have no SIM card installed every few hours. It will stay that way until I restart the phone.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
In the past however many days now, my V10 will tell me that I have no SIM card installed every few hours. It will stay that way until I restart the phone.

I had a very odd problem a few weeks ago mentioned here. Basically - one day no cell radio working. Replacing a sim card didn't work. After a few days it starting working again on its own, and no problem since! I went to TMO store to try a different sim and the rep could see the phone was "bad."

I now think it was a software/firmware issue not related to updates. My phone has been working as good as new since then.

Last edited:

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the T-Mobile variant has received the same update. No mention on their website and no mention on changes after the install.

Appears to be security patch 9/1/16

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It hasn’t negatively impacted my phone. Wish battery life was as good on this as it is on my V20s but I guess we can't have everything.

Phillip DeVore

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
AT&T DSC had me send my V10 back to LG because of SIM card problems being a know issue with the most recent security update.

They rolled it back to the July security update.

Two days after I got it back, the OTA network forced an update in the middle of the night. It woke me up playing the start up tune.

Back to September again. I want to pull my hair out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrynguyen102