'Seeing the Moto G'

AndroidNewby

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I have a number of Android devices - tablets, phones etc. apart from my Moto G 5S phone. If I take photos on any of them, I connect the device with a ESB cable to my Windows XP PC and open Windows Explorer. This lists the folder layout on the Android device, so I navigate to the DCIM folder, copy the photos and then paste them into my PC photos folder. (I Know, I know - use the cloud but I don't want to.)
Big problem now is that when I connect the Moto G 5S to the PC, it sees it as a Moto G 5S device, but says there are no folders. Tried the same trick on Windows 10 laptop, but that also says there are no folders on the Moto G
1. Anyone got any idea why I can't see the Moto folders, especially the DCIM folder?
2. Any ideas about how to get all my holiday photos on the Moto G on to the PC to live with with the rest of the family's holiday photos? (thess are my first holiday photos since I bought the Moto G)
Many thanks for any help
AndroidNewby

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Pull down Notifications. Tap the "USB charging this device" notification. Tap again. Choose display files or MTP. (If you're on Oreo, you'll probably have to do that every time you connect a cable - that's the "new way".)

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I have a number of Android devices - tablets, phones etc. apart from my Moto G 5S phone. If I take photos on any of them, I connect the device with a ESB cable to my Windows XP PC and open Windows Explorer. This lists the folder layout on the Android device, so I navigate to the DCIM folder, copy the photos and then paste them into my PC photos folder. (I Know, I know - use the cloud but I don't want to.)
Big problem now is that when I connect the Moto G 5S to the PC, it sees it as a Moto G 5S device, but says there are no folders. Tried the same trick on Windows 10 laptop, but that also says there are no folders on the Moto G
1. Anyone got any idea why I can't see the Moto folders, especially the DCIM folder?
2. Any ideas about how to get all my holiday photos on the Moto G on to the PC to live with with the rest of the family's holiday photos? (thess are my first holiday photos since I bought the Moto G)
Many thanks for any help
AndroidNewby

Why are you still using Windows XP???

jazman_777

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I have to go to the notifications and it shows "USB charging this device; Tap for more options" then I have to select "Transfer Files" where the default is "Charge this device".

I have to do this every time it seems.