Sense Froyo and Swype

EarlWaud

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with Swype, and several attempts of reinstalling to correct it did not work until I did a very careful read of the beta site info and found the solution.

You need to uninstall the Swype app and the Swype installer.

Then Reboot the device. This was the key.

Then using the Swype beta site, login and resend the installer message, and install as before. You have to go in and enable the Swype keyboard after it is installed and then select it as your input method.

These steps fixed it for me.

(Running 3.26.651.3 that I manually downloaded and updated)

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
hmm, i had an issue today, where i reinstalled it after i update to froyo on Monday night and everything worked great. I rebooted my phone today because my iheart radio wasn't working and when the phone came back up swype is no longer working again....

*update:

I went to settings: language and keyboard, disabled swype then i re-enabled swype and went to messages, changed the input method back to swype and that fixed the issue.

not sure why after reboot it wasn't working but if anyone gets this isssue you can just simple disable and enable again and that seems to fix it.

Last edited:

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
hmm, i had an issue today, where i reinstalled it after i update to froyo on Monday night and everything worked great. I rebooted my phone today because my iheart radio wasn't working and when the phone came back up swype is no longer working again....

*update:

I went to settings: language and keyboard, disabled swype then i re-enabled swype and went to messages, changed the input method back to swype and that fixed the issue.

not sure why after reboot it wasn't working but if anyone gets this isssue you can just simple disable and enable again and that seems to fix it.

I had this same issue and confirm your fix is correct. A little annoying that we have to enable and disable just to use it, but at least I have my Swype again...... Would sure like the full version, and now it looks like Epic gets it...

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Would sure like the full version, and now it looks like Epic gets it...

tell me about it lol, i rant and rave about this keyboard to everyone i see, they all go goo goo eyed when they get to play w/ it, most get so excited they don't know what to type
dance005.gif

alibumaye

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
swype wasn't working for me either so I did an uninstall and reinstalled and it worked...then I rebooted my phone and it stopped working again

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

THHHIISSSSS!!!! I'm not about to reinstall swype after everytime I turn off my phone or put it on airplane mode

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Still doesnt work "right" for me.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, did a hard reset and all that fun stuff. It will work only if I go to the regular keyboard than back to Swype. Really wierd...

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Swype WAS working perfect for me on my rooted BB v.04 droid. Then the OTA update came through, I installed Peter Alfonso's patch to block the update message since I'm already on 2.2 and since then Swype died on me. Tap typing still works but no slide.

I uninstalled the installer and the app itself, rebooted, then resent the invite beta email, downloaded and installed it. Still nothing. I rebooted, still nothing.

Since Im so used to sliding now I went back to SlideIT which is working fine for me..I'll try and mess with Swype again and see what happens but Im not getting my hopes up.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Swype WAS working perfect for me on my rooted BB v.04 droid. Then the OTA update came through, I installed Peter Alfonso's patch to block the update message since I'm already on 2.2 and since then Swype died on me. Tap typing still works but no slide.

I uninstalled the installer and the app itself, rebooted, then resent the invite beta email, downloaded and installed it. Still nothing. I rebooted, still nothing.

Since Im so used tuo sliding now I went back to SlideIT which is working fine for me..I'll try and mess with Swype again and see what happens but Im not getting my hopes up.

Just go to my thread all will be well in swype.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...2-2-froyo-just-want-cool-skin-click-here.html

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I fix the reboot problem by switching to the touch keyboard and then back to swype. I have to do this every time I reboot the EVO.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Swype will work for me for a while then quit....I have to change input methods...type one character and I can go back to swype...works a while then have to do it again....pain in the neck...but it works..

I have removed and reinstalled more than once to test....this does not seem to fix the problem for me.

Kash76

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It only quits for me when I reboot. I resolve it every reboot by doing the change input once.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk