Serial 511 be aware! Mobo issues

Caleb Loschiavo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I thought my g4 was safe but lately (in the past 2 days) my phone has been shutting off, and won't boot again until I pill the battery and wait a few seconds. I am almost certain this is a motherboard issue. I think this because the weather where I am has been very hot the past few days, and my phone heats up really hot even though I'm at 0% brightness and on power save mode. I just made this post so you're aware that although you may have a serial 511 of above, this issue may still happen. A word of caution, when your phone heats up, stick it in the freezer to prolong the life of your g4. I hope LG will fix my motherboard. Good night.

Posted via the Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought my g4 was safe but lately (in the past 2 days) my phone has been shutting off, and won't boot again until I pill the battery and wait a few seconds. I am almost certain this is a motherboard issue. I think this because the weather where I am has been very hot the past few days, and my phone heats up really hot even though I'm at 0% brightness and on power save mode. I just made this post so you're aware that although you may have a serial 511 of above, this issue may still happen. A word of caution, when your phone heats up, stick it in the freezer to prolong the life of your g4. I hope LG will fix my motherboard. Good night.

Really? You are suggesting people put their phone in the freezer! Do you have ANY idea how bad that is for your phone? Much worse that it over heating. Think for just a moment. You take something hot. You place it into cold. You have just created condensation. Now think about how that effects the internals of your phone.
Please think before you speak, and post something so stupid publicly for others to do, when you have no clue what so ever.
Oh, an you have probably voided any warranty you had. Congrats!

Why not suggest tossing it in the Microwave for a quick charge while you are at it?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Really? You are suggesting people put their phone in the freezer! Do you have ANY idea how bad that is for your phone? Much worse that it over heating. Think for just a moment. You take something hot. You place it into cold. You have just created condensation. Now think about how that effects the internals of your phone.
Please think before you speak, and post something so stupid publicly for others to do, when you have no clue what so ever.
Oh, an you have probably voided any warranty you had. Congrats!

Why not suggest tossing it in the Microwave for a quick charge while you are at it?

I think he was taking off on the freezer trick when the dreaded boot loop strikes. I agree with you, placing a phone in the freezer should not be suggested except under the most dire circumstances (like getting data off before sending in for repair).

Caleb Loschiavo

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah i meant when the boot loop strikes,*******. What would you rather have? Phone melting in itself? Or a little condensation that a ******* paper towel wrapped around the phone beforehand could fix? Asshat.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i meant when the boot loop strikes,*******. What would you rather have? Phone melting in itself? Or a little condensation that a ******* paper towel wrapped around the phone beforehand could fix? Asshat.

If your phone is over heating that bad I would be sending it off for warranty, if you still had warranty, but after placing it in the freezer, if you did have one, that's most likely gone, as it would cause obvious signs of water damage internally

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is over heating that bad I would be sending it off for warranty, if you still had warranty, but after placing it in the freezer, if you did have one, that's most likely gone, as it would cause obvious signs of water damage internally

mhinc.....do you not know that putting a "boot-looped" LG G4 into a freezer can make it work again long enough to extract data? Have you ever or do you own a LG G4?

That is the point of doing this freezer trick. The other trick is to take out the mother board and bake it in the oven at about 300 degrees for several minutes. This reconnects what ever physical connection keeps faulting after extended use on the G4.

Caleb.....no offense but putting a paper towel around the outside of the phone will do nothing at all for any condensation built up inside the phone. So.....don't go full headshoes on that one dude. ;)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

A lot of us have used the freezer trick (myself included) to recover data before sending off for the bootloop warranty claim. I've yet to see anyone report it triggering the liquid stickers from that or have a warranty claim denied. The only person I've seen with a denied warranty from a liquid sticker was someone that bought the phone used and the MOBO sticker was already triggered before he got it.

No, I wouldn't go sticking the phone in the freezer under normal situations. This freezer trick is specific to the G4 problem, which is a bad solder joint and can develop without actually overheating. It's a way of recovering needed data before sending it off. Either that, or lose out on the data all together.