Serial number peeling off.

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my tablet two months. Anyone else suffering the same? Even the cheapest iPods have their serial number etched.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my tablet two months. Anyone else suffering the same? Even the cheapest iPods have their serial number etched.

You're supposed to remove it. It wasn't meant to stay on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My N7 is in a case so the sticker is still on. I like to stand out and be different :D

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Mine was gone as soon as it came out of the box. I thought the sticker was one of those things they have you peel off before initial use.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I kept mine on, because if you lose that sticker and brick your device you can't get at it the serial number. I know someone with a N7 that actually used scotch tape to keep it on when it started to peel.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The serial number is probably located in another spot somewhere else on the unit. Kind of like VIN #'s etched into the engine block of cars.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD

b0bbert

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
It was practically falling off when I received mine. Put it in the box. I'm a fan of keeping boxes. I believe the serial number is listed on the box also. You can even find your serial number in settings>about phone>status, all the way at the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1364018687321.jpg The number in the Setting screen doesn't seem to correspond to the sticker value which includes the December manufacturing code "CCOKBC059038 12"

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I kept mine on, because if you lose that sticker and brick your device you can't get at it the serial number. I know someone with a N7 that actually used scotch tape to keep it on when it started to peel.

1. I still have the original box.

2. I purchased my N7 directly from Google. My product information is in Google Play.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ozgurs

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
That serial number is diffrent than the one displayed in the settings menu,

That might be a number for tracking this tablets for stock programs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lokesh