How to turn off Android's "Unused Apps" notifications?

boldie

Aug 3, 2023
Visit site
Every so often the Android system will display a notification that I have X number of "unused apps". I'm ok with having apps on my phone that I use once a year or once every two years. I don't want to be notified every two weeks that I'm not using these apps.

I've search through the settings but cannot find anything to turn off this notification. I can't even block notifications from the app that is sending this notification because it won't identify itself. Does anyone know how to turn off this nagware?

Reactions: TheOtherBill

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The next time you see the notification, long-press it (don't just tap it) -- that should expand the notification to give you options (like changing it to Silent). There should also be a gear icon in that expanded notification -- tap it, and look at the highlighted notification category for that app. There should be a toggle switch for the category that you can turn off.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps. Look for a system app named "Smart Storage" or something similar. Disable its notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter