Seriously considering getting the HTC One but I have one concern

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
That concern is how the Sync manager works with a mac. I have searched the internet but there is really no definitive answer as to how well the Sync performed.

My question to the AC community if you own a HTC One phone and an iMac computer how well does the software perform? Did you have any issues downloading the software onto your mac? I tried downloading it once last night but it wouldn't because it is a Windows program? Is there something I am missing? If you don't care for the desktop sync what other alternatives are available?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to get all the information I can before I take the plunge. Thanks for the assistance.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an imac but i dont care for the desktop sync personally, i would assume you would have to look for an alternative but iam but sure there are lots

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
That concern is how the Sync manager works with a mac. I have searched the internet but there is really no definitive answer as to how well the Sync performed.

My question to the AC community if you own a HTC One phone and an iMac computer how well does the software perform? Did you have any issues downloading the software onto your mac? I tried downloading it once last night but it wouldn't because it is a Windows program? Is there something I am missing? If you don't care for the desktop sync what other alternatives are available?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to get all the information I can before I take the plunge. Thanks for the assistance.
You indeed can install the Sync Manager on a Mac. Here are the Software & Hardware requirements:

[INFO][h=3]Hardware Requirements (Macintosh):[/h]
  • Mac computer with an Intel processor
  • 512MB of RAM or higher recommended
  • 1024 x 768 or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
  • 100 MB of available free hard disk space, and USB 2.0 is required

[h=3]Software Requirements (Macintosh):[/h]
  • Mac OS X 10.6 or higher version
  • Microsoft Office for Mac 2011
[/INFO]

This is the User Guide for the Sync Manager itself. Hope this will help you out:

[NOTE]Read the info in the provided link please:
http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Manual/HTC_Sync_Manager/HTC_Sync_Manager_User_Guide.pdf[/NOTE]

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I used it. I moved pictures, music and texts from my most recent iPhone backup to my One. I had to let it run overnight to complete, but it did the job and works just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d