Service provider has a size limit (SMS/MMS)

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

Been using a new S20+ for a bit now, and am seeing a new message from my carrier.

I've never seen this message before on my S9 and I'm sending the same GIFs (using Samsung keyboard) as I did before. With some of my recipients, I get a "The receiving service provider for xxx.xxx.xxxx has a size limit for picture/video. Your message may not be received.". I'm on Sprint, receivers are on varying networks.

I've looked for settings for MMS quality, but can't find anything that would reduce file size or something before sending. Could have sworn that was a configurable option in the past.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Never did see that before...

But in Samsung Messages under settings > chat settings > multimedia limit. You can change it from any to 9765mb limit. Stock is set to the limit (since I don't use the program and just checked), maybe yours was changed somehow.

insane42

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Never did see that before...

But in Samsung Messages under settings > chat settings > multimedia limit. You can change it from any to 9765mb limit. Stock is set to the limit (since I don't use the program and just checked), maybe yours was changed somehow.

Hmm, I don't have a "Multimedia Limit" option. I have "Video Size" and it's set to "Always Ask" but that's it!