Set as wallpaper issues

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello....I have the S9+ from Verizon with Pie. I want to change my wallpaper so something else. I go into my Gallery....select the wallpaper I now want.....tape the 3 dots...and tap on "set as wallpaper". Now when I do that I am seeing this....
Screenshot_20190308-161421_Android System.jpg

You can now barely see the wallpaper I want to change to. This just started happening today. I always was able to view the wallpaper without it being dark. No matter if I choose a light or dark wallpaper I can barely see it.

Yes I have night mode on and been using it since the Pie update. I am using Nova Launcher but I switched back to One UI and still get the same results. I thought I read somewhere in this forum somebody else had this issue but for the life of me I can't find it. Yes I have rebooted my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why this should be an issue, amnI missing something?
This is just a UI decision that the background is blurred/darkened to focus on the active UI elements in front (the popup) where you select where you want to apply the wallpaper to. This won't affect anything to how the wallpaper you select looks like when appliedn

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure why this should be an issue, amnI missing something?
This is just a UI decision that the background is blurred/darkened to focus on the active UI elements in front (the popup) where you select where you want to apply the wallpaper to. This won't affect anything to how the wallpaper you select looks like when appliedn

I was just concerned that a few days ago that when I changed to a new wallpaper it wasn't dark. Now today...it is. My last software update was on Feb 26 for the Feb security update.

Ok chanchan05 I appreciate your information on this. Just seemed strange to me. Thanks again!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I was just concerned that a few days ago that when I changed to a new wallpaper it wasn't dark. Now today...it is. My last software update was on Feb 26 for the Feb security update.

Ok chanchan05 I appreciate your information on this. Just seemed strange to me. Thanks again!
I never noticed it got dark or not before, but that was me just not really noticing stuff. But the last security update did add some stuff, and the gallery app can update separately from the phone through Galaxy Apps, so it won't be uncommon to have changes if you forgot you applied such an update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco28