Sholes 2.0.3 > Voice Search FC

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I searched around and didn't see anything on this -- so I'm wondering if anyone else has.

I've been using Sholes 2.0.3 for a few days now, have re-flashed using it several times to tweak things, etc... haven't had any problems what so ever.

I didn't notice it the first time around, but I'm now seeing Voice Search FC quite often, and for seemingly no reason. I'll take the phone out of my pocket, unlock it, and be prompted to Close/Wait for Voice Search.

Any thoughts?

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I actually just emailed the dev. About issues similer to yours, I have been getting random f/cs and also sometimes my phone will slow to a crawl. I read recently that if you keep flashing ROMs on top on one another it creates some issues, I'm not sure it that applies to flashing the same ROM, as I have done a few times myself with sholes. If anything ill post back here when he replies to me. =)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I actually just emailed the dev. About issues similer to yours, I have been getting random f/cs and also sometimes my phone will slow to a crawl. I read recently that if you keep flashing ROMs on top on one another it creates some issues, I'm not sure it that applies to flashing the same ROM, as I have done a few times myself with sholes. If anything ill post back here when he replies to me. =)

Man then I'm in for some trouble because I'm always flashing new roms I've run just about everyone out their

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yea -- was going to say, I have flashed my rom about a dozen times at this point for one reason or another.

Wonder if now that I've decided what I like / don't like, perhaps I should wipe it to factory and perform a flash so it's nice and fresh.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Hahaha that was my question the dev, that if I wipe and then reflash if it may solve a bunch of issues. Not sure where I read that post about flashing ROM over ROM....maybe at all droid forums?

I think I worded it wrong so I just emailed him back but he did answer a couple ?'s already. One about not worrying about heat from overclocking, I am heating up to about 100 degrees running on 800, he said if I only plan on keeping the phone 18 months or so it will be fine, it just kills the processor over time.

And he also said the droid is capable of being flashed about 10,000 times before the cpu can't handle it anymore, so we can keep reflashing and running overclocked without worry.....unless you plan on keeping it past your 2 year contract. =)

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have ONLY loaded sholes 2.0.3, and have not had any FC issues. I have it overclocked to 800mhz and it runs like a champ.

The only issue I have had is the app drawer fonts getting messed up every now and then.

thomascj

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
One about not worrying about heat from overclocking, I am heating up to about 100 degrees running on 800, he said if I only plan on keeping the phone 18 months or so it will be fine, it just kills the processor over time.

Is that 100 degrees Fahrenheit? SetCPU measures in Celsius, and mine is never even close to 100.

starscream84

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Its fahrenheit degrees, temp monitor from the market measures the cpu temp, not the battery and its in both celsuis and far. Pretty cool app if your concerned about the heat from overclocking.