Should the Galaxy S III have an sd card slot?

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
If it doesn't, it may be a deal breaker for me because I already have over 32gb of data stored in my phone as it is (32gb sd card + 16gb internal). What the heck am I supposed to do if I'm limited to only 32 internal? Plus my sd card will become useless...

Am I alone??

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
some people say you don't need an sd card anymore cause of cloud storage. I think that is dumb. Doesnt matter to me since i have sprint. but for those who have data caps and limits, its not something they prob would want to use all the time. plus pulling info off an sd card is alot faster then of a cloud service.

But if it comes to that.

Just have the data you need/use the most, stored on the phone. the rest on ur HDD or on cloud service

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
No SD Card slot would be a deal breaker for me.

You need the memory slot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope it has one, but if it doesn't it's not a deal breaker for me. If anything, I am running out of the 11 GB of internal storage my Epic 4G Touch has because all the big games are being installed on the internal memory and not on the sd card. All I have on my card is about 4 GB worth of music, and that's it. I'd welcome even more internal memory to have more room for games, but yeah, I paid for the sd card, I'd love to use it.

moin1998

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it personally will, because with ICS Google is encouraging makers to stop using SD Cards so its easier on the devs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CRS1

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be a stupid move if they scrap the mSD slot. That's what sets Android apart from the iPhone.

Ability to add more memory to your phone is a must!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Arkham

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
It would be a deal-breaker for me, too. I was a bit worried at a recent rumour that the GSIII would have 32GB internal storage as standard, because that PLUS card storage is almost too good to be true. Here's hoping.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't care if they removed it(would prefer they didn't). But for all thats holy, at least give us more onboard storage. Give us 32GB and 64GB like Apple does. I mean the GN only has 16GB? What is up with that?

I'll be glad to pay for it...just offer it. Its as if these phone Companies don't want to succeed!!

If they offered the GN with 32GB and 64GB and the camera from the GS2, by gosh they could have sold 100MIL of them. No lets just keep coming out with phones that have at least one fail and usually 2!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984