Simple guide to AOSP CM7

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I'll just nandroid backup, and restore Zefie's 2.3.3 until there is a work around for MMS. But this is a frickin' sweet ROM. It is so fast on my phone. I love Zefie's 2.3 port, but this one is so much faster. I wish MMS would work :(

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I can send and receive texts, send pictures, but can't receive pictures, or send/receive videos. And i'm using GoSMS. Hope this helps...

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
found it but didn't work mms wise :(

I'll just nandroid backup, and restore Zefie's 2.3.3 until there is a work around for MMS. But this is a frickin' sweet ROM. It is so fast on my phone. I love Zefie's 2.3 port, but this one is so much faster. I wish MMS would work :(

I can send and receive texts, send pictures, but can't receive pictures, or send/receive videos. And i'm using GoSMS. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the info guys. Trying to keep the mms discussion condensed to the aosp thread. I have more leads on the issue.

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The update for 0531 messed up the audio on my phone. It's exactly like when Scott Pilgrim CM7 first came out the audio was all messed up. I use my phone in my car everyday and I was so excited to have a DSP manager with Scott Pilgrim, but the bass was all cut out and it sounded like it was in 3D sound all the time, even when everything in the DSP manager was shut off. Zefie eventually fixed it, and the audio sounded great. From headphones and in my car. Well AOSP 2.3.4 0531 update is exactly like that with the audio now, it's all messed up. I restored 0523 update and the audio works great, exactly as it should. I just wanted this to be known so it can be fixed :) And is this the official thread for this ROM? And have MMS issues been fixed yet? Because mine still isn't working.

rand807

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
according to aspbot's twitter, there's a 0601 rom that fixes the mms. has anyone tried that with the sprint patch?

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The update for 0531 messed up the audio on my phone. It's exactly like when Scott Pilgrim CM7 first came out the audio was all messed up. I use my phone in my car everyday and I was so excited to have a DSP manager with Scott Pilgrim, but the bass was all cut out and it sounded like it was in 3D sound all the time, even when everything in the DSP manager was shut off. Zefie eventually fixed it, and the audio sounded great. From headphones and in my car. Well AOSP 2.3.4 0531 update is exactly like that with the audio now, it's all messed up. I restored 0523 update and the audio works great, exactly as it should. I just wanted this to be known so it can be fixed :) And is this the official thread for this ROM? And have MMS issues been fixed yet? Because mine still isn't working.

according to aspbot's twitter, there's a 0601 rom that fixes the mms. has anyone tried that with the sprint patch?

There's a aospCMod thread. That's where these topics should be discussed. I will be updating my sprint update files once we determine the best stable sprint update.

phreak311

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the clarity. And I love this ROM by the way. It's great, i'll redirect myself to the proper thread and bookmark it.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
There's an aospCMod thread and then there's my thread that offers the Sprint files. I believe they are both linked on the first page of this thread and my thread is linked in my signature. This is a guide. We are hoping to work out the mms issue and the discussion is in the aospCMod thread.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
:) Just realized you recently updated your OP. There's an 0325 gapps zip out. I can't remember where I got it though. It doesn't include the "car home" app (which I kind of liked) but its the newest version I believe. I have a copy on my phone and can send it to you if you want. Good job. keep the tutorials coming! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali