Skyrocket Bluetooth Problems! HELP!

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
After a couple weeks of trying different things, I have found what works for me. When I plan on using Bluetooth I turn it on and then set it to stay visible (no timeout) as someone mentioned previously. Following this method I am able to get in and out of my car multiple times and it reconnects each time without any problem. Then when I'm done with Bluetooth I just toggle it off again. This has seemed to fix my issues.

Reactions: cfdenice

lakland

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The issue with that is when you toggle off the BT, you have to go again and turn it on visibility from the BT main menu, but it is a workaround.
After a couple weeks of trying different things, I have found what works for me. When I plan on using Bluetooth I turn it on and then set it to stay visible (no timeout) as someone mentioned previously. Following this method I am able to get in and out of my car multiple times and it reconnects each time without any problem. Then when I'm done with Bluetooth I just toggle it off again. This has seemed to fix my issues.

chippy19977

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
So it turns out my "fix" above stopped working a few days after I posted it. I was ready to return it then I tired one more thing. This time I've waited to see if it was a fix that worked consistently and it has (so far). I have disabled any kind of pass code or pattern lock and Bluetooth connects every time now without fail. When I need to put a pass lock on, I do it as needed. It's not ideal, but it seems that having a pass code lock enabled was causing the Bluetooth issue for me. I can even toggle Bluetooth on and off now and it still connects every time as long as the pass code lock is disabled. Keeping my Skyrocket now since that was the only thing I hated about this phone.

lakland

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
What I did was to remove the widget that turn on/off, wifi, BT, GPS, etc. I activate the BT from the notification swipe down finger gesture. i have no more issues so far. I have not have a passcode on the phone, so I do not know if I will encounter the same issue. Just my 2 cents :)
So it turns out my "fix" above stopped working a few days after I posted it. I was ready to return it then I tired one more thing. This time I've waited to see if it was a fix that worked consistently and it has (so far). I have disabled any kind of pass code or pattern lock and Bluetooth connects every time now without fail. When I need to put a pass lock on, I do it as needed. It's not ideal, but it seems that having a pass code lock enabled was causing the Bluetooth issue for me. I can even toggle Bluetooth on and off now and it still connects every time as long as the pass code lock is disabled. Keeping my Skyrocket now since that was the only thing I hated about this phone.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
same problem here with my Canadian Galaxy S 2 which is the same as the American skyrocket.
I don't know how Samsung can deny there's a problem. none of the suggestions has worked for me...

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
same problem here with my Canadian Galaxy S 2 which is the same as the American skyrocket.
I don't know how Samsung can deny there's a problem. none of the suggestions has worked for me...

Did you receive the newest update? I updated my Skyrocket last week and haven't had a problem with my bluetooth since. I was restarting my phone 1-2 times a day to get it to connect with my car and now it connects every time.

misokol

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Syrocket and Acura RDX (2008) handsfree link issue. Paired and connected but could not reconnect with option on phone. Sometimes connects automatically. Okay for a week but today it won't connect. Device is in list on HF on Acura and phone shows paired. When you try to connect, the Acura says pairing can not be initiated from the mobile device so something is not being synched up properly. Turning phone on and off doesn't work. Turning ignition off and opening door to recycle power cycle doesn't work either. Only way to solve problem last time this happened was to unpair; remove device from HF list on car and start over from scratch. This connected on the pairing and if lucky the next time it connected automatically.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you receive the newest update? I updated my Skyrocket last week and haven't had a problem with my bluetooth since. I was restarting my phone 1-2 times a day to get it to connect with my car and now it connects every time.

I have the latest update available on my Canadian Rogers network. The version is 2.3.5. Still totally flakey as a phone.
Call quality is randomly brutal. It's not that the call quality sounds bad to me. My voice sounds bad to others often. It seems the only solution is rebooting the phone.
I am almost obsessive trying to figure this out. I read on some forum somewhere that the ICS update fixes everything but who knows... I wish that Samsung would choose one design so that problems are easier to diagnose and fix.

On a related note. A2DP streaming to my car is semi crackly. Apparently, the ICS update fixes that too.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Syrocket and Acura RDX (2008) handsfree link issue. Paired and connected but could not reconnect with option on phone. Sometimes connects automatically. Okay for a week but today it won't connect. Device is in list on HF on Acura and phone shows paired. When you try to connect, the Acura says pairing can not be initiated from the mobile device so something is not being synched up properly. Turning phone on and off doesn't work. Turning ignition off and opening door to recycle power cycle doesn't work either. Only way to solve problem last time this happened was to unpair; remove device from HF list on car and start over from scratch. This connected on the pairing and if lucky the next time it connected automatically.

I'm not finding that I have to unpair and re-pair to get it to connect. Simply restarting the car works.

Jay Vee

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay,
I had the connect / reconnect problems with my i727r and my Sync System on a 2011 Ford Explorer. No other phone caused this problem before. Sometimes it would connect for a few hours, sometimes only a few minutes. I tried every solution provided on the forums but the one that really worked was reverting my OS from ICS 4.0.3 back to Gingerbread. That worked fine and when I went to the Kies Desktop to do some maintenance it asked if I wanted to upgrade my firmware. I wasn't sure if that meant that I needed to update Gingerbread so I said yes. At the end, I was horrified to find that ICS had been reinstalled. However, this was version 4.0.4. Well it has been over a week now and there have been no problems what so ever. Very Happy with my Skyrocket now.
Hope this helps.