Slim Extended Battery Cases: UNU Unity VERSUS the DYCONN X4 - which one is better?

hqi1321

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been doing extensive research on slim extended battery cases, based on the following criteria:
1) It needs to be cheap. sub $35 would be ideal. Anything more than 45 is a deal breaker.
2) It needs to cover the entire phone and be quite sturdy - a lot of these extended batteries do not cover the upper edges of the S4 for some unfathomable reason OR appears to be a cheap plastic case, much like the native back cover (I'm looking at YOU 7500mah ZeroLemon case)
3) It should feel fairly nice in the hand - i.e. have a curved bottom to complement one's palm - to make up for the extra bulk.
4). It should be fairly - fairly - slim. As slim as it could be with a whole extra battery in the back.

Through the above very specific criteria I have come up with the following:
The UNU Unity 2600mAH case for $40 w/ FS (white/silver) from Amazon

The Dyconn 3000mAh case for $40 w/ FS from Amazon

Now, with my superhuman powers of observation, these two phone cases look exactly the same, with almost the exact same specs and dimensions.
Granted, the Dyconn has some extra mAh's but I have a bunch of extra Anker batteries and I figure an extra 400 mAh ain't gonna make that big a difference in a non-OEM battery. I can always buy the ZeroLemon 3000 mAh extended battery anyway

Has anyone ever bought both of these? Which ones do you think is better? Which one should I get? Anyone know why they're exactly the same - is it some Chinese copy catting or does somebody have a potential patent battle coming up?

Thank you everyone for your input!!:):D:p:cool::-*:-$

hqi1321

P.S. Anyone notice all these cases look the same ... even the 5 dollar ones like I-Blason all look like copies of their competitors. Heck, even the 3000mAh red ZeroLemon double extended battery + charger package look exactly like the 2600 mAh Anker ones. Does no one have a patent on these things or what?

P.P.S. I'd put up links but Android Central isn't letting me because I'm a newbie.

hqi1321

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I've read reviews, I've watched youtube videos, I've compared product specs. Buuuut I'm the type of guy who doesn't like to buy something he can't actually try out, so I was hoping maybe some of you fine folks on Android Central might've actually bought either of these cases. Thanks for your reply