Slow WiFi down speed

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
A couple months ago I've noticed slow WiFi download speeds which makes it impossible to watch YouTube in hd. Laptop's speeds are fine so I don't think its the router (both 2.4ghz).

The upload is really fast which is really confusing.

uploadfromtaptalk1375754780264.jpg

Anyone else? Is there a fix?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
General things to try:

1. Reboot the router (unplug the power, wait 10 seconds, then plug it in again and wait another 20-30 seconds).
2. On your phone, forget the Wifi network, then re-connect again.
3. Try changing the channel that your router uses--if there are a lot of other routers in the area that are using the same channel, you could experience slowdown. You can change channels by accessing the router's control panel via your web browser (see your router's manual to learn how to do this).
4. If you have a dual-band router, try using the other bandwidth (i.e., if you're on the 5 GHz bandwidth, change to 2.4, or vice-versa).
5. See if the problems continue if you change the router security type (e.g., WPA vs WEP, AES vs TKIP). You could also turn off security (temporarily, of course) to see if that might have been interfering.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is this on all wifi networks? If it's just one that you're having the issue with it's probably that network.

Also 5Mbit can stream a HD video.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Bakry Basoo

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Is this on all wifi networks? If it's just one that you're having the issue with it's probably that network.

Also 5Mbit can stream a HD video.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Just turn off the location..

Setting >> location >> make it OFF

and just turn it ON when you need it :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just turn off the location..

Setting >> location >> make it OFF

and just turn it ON when you need it :)

What....?

Your suggestion makes no sense at all to help with the issue the OP was having.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Bakry Basoo

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
maybe my English is bad cuz am just learning English right now, but I understood what he said and I had the same problem he has, if he means when he connect to the wifi by his HTC one the internet speed be very slow but when connect to the wifi by his Laptop the internet be very fast,, I had the same issue but I looked a lot for the solve and I found it and it worked with me, I just turn off the location from: Setting - location - OFF .... and you can turn it on when you need it ^_^ just try it and pray for me :p

Ribamar Martins

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
maybe my English is bad cuz am just learning English right now, but I understood what he said and I had the same problem he has, if he means when he connect to the wifi by his HTC one the internet speed be very slow but when connect to the wifi by his Laptop the internet be very fast,, I had the same issue but I looked a lot for the solve and I found it and it worked with me, I just turn off the location from: Setting - location - OFF .... and you can turn it on when you need it ^_^ just try it and pray for me :p

Ribamar Martins

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
unbelievable. I had the same problem with my htc one. My internet is 15Mbps and when the test was done with the phone gave 5Mbps. After disabling the service location, boom! 15Mbps

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
And solved mine as well. Bizarre. Only have the issue on this Android device. No issues with any of my other phones or my GN10.1 2014 tablet.

Posted via Android Central App

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Old thread, I know, but I started having this problem some weeks ago, I dont understand why. With bluetooth on my wifi speed drops to 1Mb/s.
Any new solution? Factory reset, perhaps without using the new restore method (which includes de data from the apps, I believe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87