Small review on Android Wear 2.0 Dev - LG Urbane 2nd Edition

IvanMatin

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys,
I've been using the forum not so long, I was only reading.
Today I decided to do small "point of view" on Android Wear on my watch.
So I was using the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition since was came out for second time. I bought it immediatley. I want it to use it as a stand alone device, but Android Wear WAS not READY, and most of the apps also. Now Googe make a big step up with the latest update.
I've downloaded since day one, I was NOT familiar what I'm doing but I did it. And now I'm using daily the Developer version 2.0
The watch is very stable, I haven't had any issues with crashing apps or anything.
Watch faces are nice, and still you can use 3rd party apps. Menu has very nice animations typical for Google Lollipop. It's much smoother and quicker than the actual version. The Gestures are more quick as well.
The new keyboard for now is supporting only English and does very good job when you use swiping. Typeing is not comfortable.
"Ok Google" does't work if is disconnected from the phone. LTE Data still not available like we want to be.
Now you can connect to a Wifi, You need the phone to put the password if required.
I use Google Fit as a Active App, for me... it works very well without the phone. Because doesn.t requre data.
Notifications are showing differently now, much better way.
Google Now is showing you only what you are interested in Google Now :)
LG Health I do not use because I don't have an LG device.
The LTE Conncection is OK. Sometimes I loose a signal... Don;t know why.
The calls are good sound, even if your hand is in normal position. Walking, running is good :)
For example I have an App for my Mail, works with gmail.com. Its called Wear Mail. With the new keyboard its very easy to answer the emails. Of course you need the phone... Still the App need an upadate and the Wear to use watch data. Then this device will be stand-alone.
Battery... Bad... it is, I take of the charger at 8am, and somethimes I have to charge it in the afternoon, with Screen Alsways on. I understand that is a beta. Most of the time around midnight when I go to sleep is 5%... Almost dead. it charges very quich though.

That is for now.
Ask any other questions I'll answer.

I live in Australia, Queensland
My carier is Telstra

Have a nice day :)