Small update coming 8/22 (Rolling out now)

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Small update coming 8/22

I just got off the phone with HTC for a few issues with the EVO, but I asked him about the updates and he said he didn't know of any and there aren't any in the immediate future.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with HTC for a few issues with the EVO, but I asked him about the updates and he said he didn't know of any and there aren't any in the immediate future.

I can confirm this as I called them the other day as well and they didn't know what the hel* I was talking bout

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I just can't believe HTC hasn't come out and said that we are getting Jelly Bean. The announcement seemed so strange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not when you realize that what they will probably do is decide to keep us in the dark, leaving us to wonder about whether they are done "evaluating our devices" as to whether they could support JB. Than, when they say, Yes, we have finally determined that your phones will have the hardware to handle jellybean, we're supposed to jump up and down and cheer at HTC's brilliance. Alternatively, (this is what it feels like with all the unresolved bugs) HTC and Sprint have completely forgotten about us.

The only problem with this phone that I have is the connection issues.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with the software except the apple YouTube thing.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I just can't believe HTC hasn't come out and said that we are getting Jelly Bean. The announcement seemed so strange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Not when you realize that what they will probably do is decide to keep us in the dark, leaving us to wonder about whether they are done "evaluating our devices" as to whether they could support JB. Than, when they say, Yes, we have finally determined that your phones will have the hardware to handle jellybean, we're supposed to jump up and down and cheer at HTC's brilliance. Alternatively, (this is what it feels like with all the unresolved bugs) HTC and Sprint have completely forgotten about us.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

The only problem with this phone that I have is the connection issues.

Other than that I see nothing wrong with the software except the apple YouTube thing

Good for you! Other people are having major issues with non-multitasking, WiFi connectivity, Sense reloading, bluetooth connectivity, lack of proper 4G/3G switching, and lack of a menu button to name just some things. And those are software problems.

There is a *LOT* of room for improvement.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

This is without a doubt the last HTC phone I'll own. I've already had a bad experience with the way they completely dropped support soon after I bought a Hero years ago.

For me it's not about whether the GS3 is getting Jellybean or even if Samsung is upgrading Touchwiz. I as a customer am utterly pissed that not only are they actively updating the One X line, but that they are completely leaving the Evo LTE users in the dark about everything regarding our updates. I don't know anything about coding, but I find it hard to believe that an extra hardware button, and SD card slot could possibly mean a delay of a couple weeks from one device's update to the next on a phone with basicially the same internals. IMO if HTC completely fail,,, they deserve it.

With today's technology and more importantly the fact that both software AND hardware companies treat paying customers as beta testers with halfway finished products, it is important to me as a consumer that I feel as though I can trust the developer to support what I purchased and to iron out the kinks. The fact that HTC is completely leaving the Evo LTE out of all press material regarding their most recent flagship line leaves me uneasy.

Last edited:

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I still *love* the Evo LTE hardware, and generally have a good experience with the Evo LTE. But I have to agree that I am less than thrilled that they would put out updates for the One X and not push those through to the Evo LTE... for christ's sake, they are nearly identical software platforms... or even at least say they are coming on XXXX date... or even at least say they are coming at all.

Also, although I personally don't really care all THAT much right now about Jellybean, the fact that there is so much talk about the GSIII getting it is really irritating me. The One X/Evo LTE is HTC's flagship phone and we are struggling to get maintenance updates and the idea of Jellybean seems remote.

Unlike Andras, I am not saying I won't ever buy another HTC phone, but really- I thought the whole point of this new HTC lineup with less models was so that they could pour their full might into keeping them more updated, supported, and relevant. So far, I am just not seeing it.

And by the way, where is the HTC OEM desktop dock for the Evo LTE?

Reactions: a22matic

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Got so frustrated that there is no support from HTC that I decided yesterday to root my EVO LTE and it never worked better very smooth and very easy to root.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Got so frustrated that there is no support from HTC that I decided yesterday to root my EVO LTE and it never worked better very smooth and very easy to root.

Rooting doesn't change the behavior of the phone at all. It enables one to make changes that can, however.

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
When speculation becomes expectation = disappointment.

My phone is only 1 month old I love the EVO it feel like a brand new phone to me so Im happy with what I got. It's too soon to be thinking about a update now for me maybe by 2 to 3 months then I will expect an update.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

My phone is only 1 month old I love the EVO it feel like a brand new phone to me so Im happy with what I got. It's too soon to be thinking about a update now for me maybe by 2 to 3 months then I will expect an update.

Why would any 1 month old, new phone feel like an old phone?
So the schedule of updates should be based on when YOU bought the Evo LTE?
Not sure I understand your logic.

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Why would any 1 month old, new phone feel like an old phone?
So the schedule of updates should be based on when YOU bought the Evo LTE?
Not sure I understand your logic.

No that not my logic lol what I'm saying is I don't mind if they don't update today or next month I have patience I can wait it out. I rather have a careful update then a rushed update. So HTC can take their time no rush.