Smart Switch and/or Google Backup

DigitalDawn1

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I came from the ios world about 18 months ago when I bought my first Android -- a Galaxy S10.

I am wondering if Smart Switch works like ios in the backup dept? With an ios backup, all app data was backed up (except for logins) and I never had to go into each app and redo settings etc. For example, a media player I was using had playlists and those were intact with a restore.

So, does Smart Switch save app data for each app? If not, does Google backup or another program save these settings?

Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome!

Samsung has both option to use as back up , Samsung cloud and Google back up. If you use smart switch on the computer its just as using Samsung back up. The only difference is Samsung cloud back up to cloud. My advice have both backing up Google and smart switch , Samsung cloud back up app data and Samsung pass back up account pass words ,as does Google auto fill. Samsung cloud will be transferring to one drive for photos and few other things , so Samsung cloud going away not sure if it will be left for saving other things .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil