so have you put a screen protector on it yet?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I ended up getting the G6 but as I couldn't cancel my preorder, my wife now has my S8+. I tried two different el-cheapo glass screen protectors yesterday. had to take down the first one due to rainbow effect and because it was slightly too big on the edges. Now she has a cheap Chinese one on. Happy to report that apparently the screen protector nightmare that was there with the S7 edge is over. The S8+ works perfectly fine with tempered glass protectors! No issue with touch sensitivity at all!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The first thing I did was put on a screen protector from Armorsuit. I chose this cause it has cut outs for the speaker and all the sensors.
61-Fbl2o9dL._SL1000_.jpg

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I had the Zagg glass on mine all day today. Intermittent touch screen sensitivity issues, but worked WAY better than the curved glass ones I've used before. Sadly, I had to take it off. The thing collected finger oils. I couldn't use the phone for more than a minute without it looking like I played with it while eating fried chicken. Probably the worst screen protector I've ever used in that aspect.

My wife has the LOVITT tempered glass and it works much better. I personally switched to the Spigen Neoflex and it works great.

For reference, my wife has a Tech 21 evo case on hers and I have an incipio case on mine. All of the screen protectors I listed fit fine with both cases.

TheLastPanda

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
The one I purchased (LUVVITT TEMPERED GLASS) has a cutout along most of the top bezel area. The phone speaker, front camera, and iris scanner are all uncovered.

I will probably buy a Zagg Glass when they come out, but the Luvvitt was available, and I'm just too hard on phone screens not to have one. The case and screen protector went on before I even powered it up.
How is the fit?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The Verizon rep talked me into the $50 Invisibleshield glass curve screen protector, but I'm returning it because of air gaps and it was $50. I ordered an $8 Yootech screen protector from Amazon and it should be here in about 12 hours.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
No screen protector here... never have, and likely never will. I'm a little more on the fence with getting a case; I'm very careful and can count on one hand the number of times I've ever dropped a phone, but all it takes is one bad drop...

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I got the $20 Verizon glass screen protector. So far so good. It fit with my Incipio case. I'll see how it works with another case I plan on getting as soon as they are available. I don't feel a difference in sensitivity that some complained about with Verizon's screen protectors.

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I also purchased Luvitt Tempered Glass but will be replacing it. While it is nice and smooth (no drag) I do not care for the appearance of it. They have a border all the way around it (for the adhesive) which is quite visible. At some of the edges, you can actually see the adhesive. So I am now I am looking for a higher quality one.

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
I tried the NeoFlex by Spigen and it's terrible.

It has the orange-peel effect. It's noticeable when you look at your screen, but I like to use the Gear VR, and that just make things worse, because that orange peel effect is basically amplified.

bobbigirl83

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I am not going glass ... too case unfriendly. I'm thinking the regular Zagg but don't want to spend the money just for it to look like crap in a week. Plus, no case for a few days while it dries. Ugh. Decisions.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
It's an interesting debate, between the screen protector and non-screen protector crowd. I've always put one on my phones, not because I'm clumsy and drop them - like my teens do ALL the time - but because of the elements I'm near. Sand and grit is the devil when it comes to phone screens, and there's no way for me to avoid either of them, so a screen protector is necessary, unless I want scratches all up and down the damn thing. Wish I could actually enjoy just the plain screen on these phones, but I'm not willing to risk it. A scratched screen kills resale value. But the majority of these curved screen tempered glass protectors seem to suck, so I end up applying a film instead.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I tried those $11 glass screen protectors from Amazon and they just didn't stay on with my Spigen case. Went to the mall yesterday and got a Zagg glass screen protector installed. Pricey but it works well.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So does the zagg glass have adhesive on the whole screen or just the top and bottom.

Just the edges and it plain sucks. Zagg Sapphire defense sticks to the whole screen.
Had the Sapphire Defense for the iPhone 7 plus and was not to thrilled with it but it might be a valid option for the S8+