so many complaints

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
After seeing all these threads about what's not working or this doesn't look good or I don't like this to its a wonder this phone is selling at all. People its new it has bugs give it some time. We got one update today and we will get more. Know what you are buying before you buy it. I understand the issues but remember that no phone will ever be perfect. On that note I love mine. Its the best one I've ever owned. Its exactly what I wanted in a phone. For the first time I feel that I don't need to root or put Roms on to get what I want. That says a lot of android. Where are all the props to android for supporting scrollable Widgets and resizible Widgets. Now I don't need launchers to do that. It just seems that you people are not ever happy. The screen is the highest resolution on an android phone and yet people still complain about it. Yes its made out of plastic and its really light but does that make it cheap no it does not. Squeeze it does it squeek , is it falling apart in your hand no its not. Its made very well. So people relax and enjoy it.

dmchenry35

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
After seeing all these threads about what's not working or this doesn't look good or I don't like this to its a wonder this phone is selling at all. People its new it has bugs give it some time. We got one update today and we will get more. Know what you are buying before you buy it. I understand the issues but remember that no phone will ever be perfect. On that note I love mine. Its the best one I've ever owned. Its exactly what I wanted in a phone. For the first time I feel that I don't need to root or put Roms on to get what I want. That says a lot of android. Where are all the props to android for supporting scrollable Widgets and resizible Widgets. Now I don't need launchers to do that. It just seems that you people are not ever happy. The screen is the highest resolution on an android phone and yet people still complain about it. Yes its made out of plastic and its really light but does that make it cheap no it does not. Squeeze it does it squeek , is it falling apart in your hand no its not. Its made very well. So people relax and enjoy it.

BS. Maybe releasing crap software/products is acceptable to the masses where your from, but where I'm from we call that people being suckered in to being beta testers for the phone. Getting the short end of the stick, a raw deal, bent over and probed with no lube, etc etc etc...

You don't see Apple releasing iPhones with tons of problems or build quality issues(minus antenna gate), hell you didn't see RIM releasing phones in their prime with mass user complaints.

Really its going to be how Google/Samsung/Verizon respond to these complaints if there are merits to them, and what they do to make things right.(See antenna gate bumpers).

There isn't any need to put lip stick on the pig, if it sucks, it sucks. Nothing can be done about it, create the obligatory complaint thread and return it. The only way things get fixed is by effecting the bottom line for these companies.

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Huh? This phone is crap? Mine is pretty awesome and i expect it to get better as the OS developes more. Apple also made their early powerbooks out of titanium which killed the wifi signal. You think they would have looked into this before releasing them. Awesome computer though, I had it for 6 years without a problem(besides the crap wifi signal).

Reactions: iastonish

dude9000

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Im an apple fan boy when it comes to computers, OSX has been taking a crap on windows for years(like games eh? Buy an xbox). When it comes to phones ill stick to android.

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Apparently exploding batteries are acceptable. /shrug

OG Droid launch was the same as this launch. I might have even had more launch bugs with the Moto...

I'll chime on this one also.

I've been an iPhone user since the day it came out. Nobody comes close to the way Apple Fanboys complain and expect perfection from every device Apple creates. Spend sometime surfing the iPhone forums and you see threads on yellow screens, light shining through headphone jack, home button doesn't have stiffness, mute switch rattles, light leakage, etc... Their QA is getting worse because of cheap labor and mass production.

Just some things to toss out there. I'm not saying the Nexus is flawless, but it does what I need it to do. I'm happy!

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with my GN, I had data issues(over 3G) earlier today, and the device is almost constantly showing 0-1 bar and show -120db a lot. However, the calls have all been very clear and none have been dropped.

I'll wait a few days and see how things go before I decide what to do with mine.

HawaiianLaker

May 12, 2010
Visit site
BS. Maybe releasing crap software/products is acceptable to the masses where your from, but where I'm from we call that people being suckered in to being beta testers for the phone. Getting the short end of the stick, a raw deal, bent over and probed with no lube, etc etc etc...

You don't see Apple releasing iPhones with tons of problems or build quality issues(minus antenna gate), hell you didn't see RIM releasing phones in their prime with mass user complaints.

Really its going to be how Google/Samsung/Verizon respond to these complaints if there are merits to them, and what they do to make things right.(See antenna gate bumpers).

There isn't any need to put lip stick on the pig, if it sucks, it sucks. Nothing can be done about it, create the obligatory complaint thread and return it. The only way things get fixed is by effecting the bottom line for these companies.

i do see apple releasing a battery sucking pile of poo called siri that only works half the time cuz all the idiots flooding the servers with pointless questions like "where can i get a hooker".

UM did you forget the epic fail that rim released in its prime to compete with the iphone called the storm? ask siri about it... these complaints IMHO dont have any merit. its people with unreal expectations. the only people complaining about the battery door are people using the store demos that are tied to security cables that pull them off, or people saying it feels plasticy or ccheap yet it would take way more falls then any iphone4 or 4s. people need to get real.

Deltaechoe

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

No of course apple products are flawless, they certainly never dropped all reception if you held it wrong

</sarcasm>

iastonish

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I think certain people went into Verizon today with a little chip in their shoulder, due to the butchered launch. If the launch was painless, I bet there would be a lot less complaints. Standards are set exceedingly high for the gnex, and other than battery life (which will improve with custom roms) and a flimsy battery cover (feels fine when on the phone though) its met my expectations. Take a deep breath, and enjoy the phone you've been waiting for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I had high expectations for the GN and I am 110% satisfied with this phone. Knowing that updates are gonna make it even better blows my freakin mind!

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think of it as this...the people who are more likely to post are those who complain or report issues. That's not a bad thing btw. Just the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

tlincoln

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
BS.

OK, RIM=BB Storm, that phone had some many bugs you needed to be wearing some "Deep Woods OFF" just to turn it on!!!

Edit: Almost forgot, Troll!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: WaistDownUnder

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
The volume issue is a dealbreaker for me if it exists.
I have a hearing aid in one ear and really need to be able to hear alerts, etc.

I took a big issue with the volume at first. However since I have changed ringtones all has been acceptable. Not great, but acceptable. Played around with some videos on Youtube and the volume seemed OK. Netflix seems very low to me as do the system sounds such as the little keypress tones it makes when you select things.

I am pretty convinced all it will take is some software tweaking and the sound issue will be resolved.

Going into day 2 the phone is getting better :)

Reactions: tony bag o donuts