so sick of glass screen protectors for the v20!!!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I am having issues with this as well. You have to buy a glass screen protector that is smaller than the screen itself. The 2nd screen on my phone is curved and not flat, therefore causing a halo effect halfway on the 2nd screen.

I bought the one suggested on the other glass screen protector topic [super guardz] and I bought v10 glass ones which are exactly the same size as the super guardz and both leave halos.. at at least for me.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
It really is tough to get a scratch on the new Gorilla glass screens. Keys will not scratch it. Scratch test guy had to use a 6 grade test blade to get it to scratch, which is very high on the scale.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
No screen protector here since i came into sense why save it just for the next person's pleasure? Yes we are paying good money on this thats why I'm going to use it the way it was built. Well youre going to have hairline scratches on it. True, but i enjoyed the feel of the glass itself and i wont be keeping this for two years anyway thanks to Jump.

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Take it into a store or buy one in a store (VZW, ATT, TMo, Best Buy). I have always let them do it and they seem to do a great job with it. I just plain stink at it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I picked up the Incipio glass protector from T-Mobile. $34.99, no halo, no peeling, and it covers the second screen. Installation is kind of a pain though.

http://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/lg-v20-incipio-flexible-glass-screen-protector.html
I really like this product, I had it on both of my V20s. If it is indeed glass as advertised its very thin flexible glass. It installs perfectly with the guide they include but it is expensive at $35 and it does indeed scratch. I want to get another one but that $35 stops me for some reason. Other than that, and that it unexpectedly scratched (I'm not sure by what) and I was a happy camper.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I really like this product, I had it on both of my V20s. If it is indeed glass as advertised its very thin flexible glass. It installs perfectly with the guide they include but it is expensive at $35 and it does indeed scratch. I want to get another one but that $35 stops me for some reason. Other than that, and that it unexpectedly scratched (I'm not sure by what) and I was a happy camper.

I'm still rocking the factory protector and although it's not perfect it's working great and I've had no issues with it yet eventually I'll just take it off and probably not replace it with anything

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm still rocking the factory protector and although it's not perfect it's working great and I've had no issues with it yet eventually I'll just take it off and probably not replace it with anything
If you take it off and get a scratch how are you gonna feel?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you take it off and get a scratch how are you gonna feel?

Eventually it will deteriorate and need to come off. Just not sure I want to replace it. My G5 never scratched and my Droid Maxx never scratches. Not that concerned.

Last edited:

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I swear by my Spigen tempered glass. Granted it doesn't cover the very top or very bottom since the screen starts to curve, but no halos, perfect slip and two in a pack!
I am happy with my spigen as well. Best one I found that doesn't leave annoying smudges. I don't care if it covers entire screen either, protected viewing area is all the counts for me.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
The halo's are caused by the tempered glass being dirty (touched) or believe it or not, bent. Yup tempered glass can bend. If you try apply it like you would with a conventional plastic screen protector (bending and pressing the air bubbles out) you will bend the glass. These things need to be aligned and dropped in to position. The glass will then normally suck itself on to the screen.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
The halo's are caused by the tempered glass being dirty (touched) or believe it or not, bent. Yup tempered glass can bend. If you try apply it like you would with a conventional plastic screen protector (bending and pressing the air bubbles out) you will bend the glass. These things need to be aligned and dropped in to position. The glass will then normally suck itself on to the screen.

I thought I dropped it and left it adhere on its own and then after the Halo was noticed, I applied pressure? I think?

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i've used the verizon tempered glass and the bodyguardz glass. they both just covered the the actual screen and not the edges. no halos.
i tend to work if various environments and notice scratches on my tempered glass protector. i'd hate to use the phone naked.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm done with glass on this phone. Such a shame because you guys here got me to try glass and I love it. It's just too much trouble on this phone. I just installed another one and tried every trick and still got a frickin halo. Pull me out of the oven.....IM DONE!

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
i haven't noticed any scratches on it. it smudges like nothing else but i haven't noticed any dings or anything like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86