[SOLVED] Apps No Longer Work in The Background

DigitalDawn1

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site
My Galaxy S10 was automatically updated to Android 10 a few days ago and now the only apps that will run the the background are the Samsung provided apps.

I have several apps that I count on to work when the phone is locked and none of them work since the update.

I turned off Battery Optimization for the apps and Background Mobile data usage is turned on. Still doesn't work even when connected to WiFi.

Are there any solutions for this? Can I downgrade to Pie, and prevent the phone from updating again?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Apps No Longer Work in The Background

What apps you like to work with the phone lock? You can go back to pie , if you don't care about security updates anymore , future enhancements requires you to flash through Odin and purchase package disabler pro.

DigitalDawn1

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site

The apps that no longer work in the background are:

MacroDroid
Photosync
Prof Reminder
UConnect BluTooth issues as well

Couldn't I just re-flash to factory default and then use Package Disabler Pro?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Long press those apps and tap info then scroll make sure permission and battery optimization is off , as some things could of changed with the new update.

You would need to flash back to Android 9 through Odin and use package disabler

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What kinds of activities are those apps not doing right now that make you aware they're not working in the background?

DigitalDawn1

Dec 15, 2019
Visit site

For example, MacroDroid can only run macros when the phone is unlocked. As soon as the screen goes dark, the macros don't work. I have a macro that senses the wifi in my home and then automatically turns on call forwarding. Hasn't worked since Android 10.

Another app, called Photosync (updated on December 16), used to automatically transfer new photos taken with my phone camera to my PC every day at 8:30 am. Hasn't worked since the update.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

For example, MacroDroid can only run macros when the phone is unlocked. As soon as the screen goes dark, the macros don't work. I have a macro that senses the wifi in my home and then automatically turns on call forwarding. Hasn't worked since Android 10.

Another app, called Photosync (updated on December 16), used to automatically transfer new photos taken with my phone camera to my PC every day at 8:30 am. Hasn't worked since the update.
This is not exactly the same issue but it involves MacroDroid having problems after Android 10. Worth a try.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/macrodroid/openvpn-connect-macro-broken-after-android-10-t6687.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582