[Solved]Chat Features pop up Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site
Today, September 9, 2021, my Galaxy Note 10+ had a system software update, build number: N975U1UEU7FUH3. An issue has arose from what I assume is a direct effect from the update.

Some context - the built in Samsung messaging app has an option in "Messages -> Settings -> Chat settings". If you choose the Chat settings option, a box pop-up will prompt you to enable "chat features" which is also known as "Rich communication service" (RCV). I have never wanted to enable this service, so I have always chosen the "use without chat features" option.

In the past, that was the end of it. Now, after the update today, that same box will pop-up on an approximately 5-6 minute interval even when I am outside of the messaging app. It will happen when I am in any app for that matter. It will not stop even after I select the "use without chat features" option. This is getting to the point where it is making my phone unusable.

Things I have done:
1) Soft reset my phone
2) Wipe Cache Partition
3) Contacted Samsung Support
4) Contacted my Cell phone carrier
5) Disabled all notifications from the samsung messages app
6) Force stopped the samsung messaging app
7) Downloaded alternative texting app "Texta" and still can't disable samsung messages

I cannot disable the messaging app so I have no where else to turn but seek out someone else's help. Please help me solve this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210909-180443_Google_Play_services.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-180443_Google_Play_services.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210909-183325_Google_Play_services.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-183325_Google_Play_services.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210909-191031_Google_Play_services.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-191031_Google_Play_services.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210909-191641_Google_Play_services.jpg
    Screenshot_20210909-191641_Google_Play_services.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site
Re: Chat Features pop up Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

B. Diddy, I just created an account in order to reply to you. When I register this on the forum, do I just repost this question there or is there a way I can transfer the question there? Also, I downloaded the app "Textra" and I am still not able to disable the default Samsung Messages app

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

B. Diddy, I just created an account in order to reply to you. When I register this on the forum, do I just repost this question there or is there a way I can transfer the question there? Also, I downloaded the app "Textra" and I am still not able to disable the default Samsung Messages app
Hi, welcome to AC!
I deleted the other thread you just made , no need to make a new one , and changed you from guest to post owner

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site

I just cleared data I will update you within the next 10 minutes to let you know if that box is still popping up. I posted some screenshots in my original post too if you want to see what is happening.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I just cleared data I will update you within the next 10 minutes to let you know if that box is still popping up. I posted some screenshots in my original post too if you want to see what is happening.
Sure u can post them here , sometimes after doing those steps can take few hours or 7 days to see results, I see a lot on this issue in the forums.

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site

It is the built in Default Samsung Messages app, here is the icon. I have never downloaded another messaging app on my phone. Well, at least not until the last couple hours.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210909-220328_One_UI_Home.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210909-220328_One_UI_Home.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 9

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Yeah that's stock Samsung one, google message app can download and see if chats works for that , as I use it over Samsung.

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site

Yeah that's stock Samsung one, google message app can download and see if chats works for that , as I use it over Samsung.

I don't know if you fully read my original post, but I did download an alternative texting app: "Textra". Doing that did not solve my problems. My whole goal is to limit my use of Google branded services as much as possible, especially in regards to private messages. That's why I'm declining to agree to the chat features in the first place, but that box continues to pop up no matter what I do. As I said, I have the samsung messages app, the source of that pop-up, force stopped and data cleared. I am running out of options here. I am about to revert to my Note 8.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I don't know if you fully read my original post, but I did download an alternative texting app: "Textra". Doing that did not solve my problems. My whole goal is to limit my use of Google branded services as much as possible, especially in regards to private messages. That's why I'm declining to agree to the chat features in the first place, but that box continues to pop up no matter what I do. As I said, I have the samsung messages app, the source of that pop-up, force stopped and data cleared. I am running out of options here. I am about to revert to my Note 8.
I do apologize as I skimmed through your original message, that on newer Samsung will be a little hard to disable .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I wonder if you can agree to that, then go back to the settings and turn it off afterwards -- maybe that will prevent it from bugging you again.

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site

Alright guys, so what I've done now is I've gone through and disabled every single possible notification from the Samsung Messages app, and I've disallowed every permission except for the required "Phone" permission. I've also disabled the "Appear on top" setting. So far, after 10 minutes now, I haven't had that box pop up. This is the longest I've gone without seeing it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Alright guys, so what I've done now is I've gone through and disabled every single possible notification from the Samsung Messages app, and I've disallowed every permission except for the required "Phone" permission. I've also disabled the "Appear on top" setting. So far, after 10 minutes now, I haven't had that box pop up. This is the longest I've gone without seeing it.
Hope stays that way

xMcisn

Sep 10, 2021
Visit site

It seems like the problem is resolved, going on 35 minutes now without any further pop ups. I hope that this forum post stays on here in case anyone else ends up dealing with this issue. Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

It seems like the problem is resolved, going on 35 minutes now without any further pop ups. I hope that this forum post stays on here in case anyone else ends up dealing with this issue. Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.
Definitely will , I'll mark it solved for now unless u have issue again then will update it .

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I wonder if you can agree to that, then go back to the settings and turn it off afterwards -- maybe that will prevent it from bugging you again.

This is what I would do....2 steps and you're done. I think this would be the easiest, quickest way to permanently solve the problem without affecting any other notification settings.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe