HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check the link and if something goes wrong I'll post it here. ^_^

Sent from my LG7?VM670 using Android Central Forums

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to ask if there's a Mac alternative or if it would be better to just fire up my desktop pc?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't need a computer at all if your phone works for downloading. Get a good file manager like AndroZip and a terminal emulator (or the Flash Image GUI if you don't want to deal with typing code).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
1. Would Astro File manger work?

2. Where can I get the flash image GUI?

I kinda feel bad cause I'm soo newb at this.. Thanks so much for helping me with this :)

Sent from LG?VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, been busy.
Did you know,there was a link to the Flash Image GUI in the link I gave you (quit stressing, slow down, take your time, read thru everything a few times)
If the Flash Image GUI is zipped, unzip.
Take the unzipped Flash Image GUI (should have .apk on end) out of the download folder and put on the root of sd card (not in any folder, just in the list with all the other folders).
Either long press or tap (depending on how your file manager is configured) to bring up the install option. Select it. It should now be in your app drawer. Make sure you rename the recovery to: recovery.img.
Go to app draw and follow directions at GUI site.
Take your time.

If unclear, post question.

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I put it in the folder /sd and it's asking me to choose a folder to flash and there's not just one folder. Was I supposed to put it in the / folder so I can flash the entire sd card or did u put it in the right folder? I'm worried its only going to backup the selected folder and not the whole thing.

Sent from my cat using LG?VM670

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
When you downloaded the Flash Image GUI you needed to take it out of that folder and put the .apk just with the list of folders on the sd card: /sdcard.
Then long press or tap to bring up the install option. After install go to app drawer and select it. Follow instructions from the site you got it from.
You need the ZenGarden Recovery.img as well before you can use the Flash Image GUI app. Make sure you rename the recovery to just: recovery.img.
It needs to go: /sdcard as well.
/sdcard is also more commonly refered to as the root of the sd card

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Flash Image GUI is in the right place, but I don't have ZenGarden, could you put a link where to get it?

Sent by my cat using LG?VM670

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
All links you have requested are included in my tutorial I linked you to earlier here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...tory-reset-your-rooted-phone.html#post3263770.

I'm starting to think your best option would be to install the ZV9 security update and then not root your phone. At least not until you have a better grasp of how to follow directions.
Not following directions will easily lead to a bricked phone. I do not wish this on anybody.
Please give the ZV9 update and not rooting some serious consideration.

Later if your ability to follow instructions have improved then you can use EManU3LXX's root guide and program.

I really think this is the best course of action for you at this time. Please, whatever you do, DO NOT USE THE FACTORY RESET OPTION IN THE PHONES SETTINGS. This will brick your phone.

HOME_WORK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Okay ill stay away from rooting for now, and come back to it when I know more about it.

Thanks for advice :)

Sent by my cat using LG?VM670

undogooder

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys, been away for a while. I suppose it would help if I replied to the post that helped. As _alexkta suggested, all I had to do was re-root with gingerbreak! Thanks again!

Andrew Lorien

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Superuser not responding?

Yep.
Stock HTC Desire, rooted and working happily for a few months, suddenly not root any more (symptom was a window saying "superuser is not responding). USB debugging was off (probably after a crash which i had to recover from by removing battery/SD/SIM). Turning on USB debugging fixed it straight away.

devanttrio

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Superuser not responding?

Thanks, this worked for me. I had done a reset and it wasn't working. Went in and turned on USB Debugging and voila! Superuser is working again.Thanks!!

I had the exact same thing happen to me, and I just fixed it like 3hrs ago. My problem was that I accidentally turned off USB Debugging. After I turned it back on everything worked again. :)

If your USB Debugging IS ALREADY ON I would try turning it off and back on. If none of that works then I have no idea how to fix it. :confused:

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Anthony