Sony Xperia Z3 to S7 Edge

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody made this jump (or is intending to)? I'm on the Z3 at the moment. I have the option to pay off my device and then upgrade to the S7 edge. I'm just not sure whether I'll see a big enough jump in quality.

I've got a baby due in 3 months and I suppose most important to me is a great camera, ideally with OIS. Now the Z3 camera isn't dreadful by any means but I felt my sister's S6 was better at my dad's 60th recently.

Basically will this phone be better than the Z3 enough for me not to feel (too) guilty about treating myself to it (monthly cost would be pretty much the same)? Hell even people that jumped from Z3 to S6 would be useful.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
If you're in the US then you can go play with the S7/S7 edge at best buy and see for yourself. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal choices. Some may think the Z3 is still good and don't feel the need to upgrade while others may think the opposite. The Z3 is a great phone still but if camera is really important to you then its a no brainer to go with the S7. And congrats on your upcoming baby

Posted via the Android Central App

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If you're in the US then you can go play with the S7/S7 edge at best buy and see for yourself. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal choices. Some may think the Z3 is still good and don't feel the need to upgrade while others may think the opposite. The Z3 is a great phone still but if camera is really important to you then its a no brainer to go with the S7. And congrats on your upcoming baby

Posted via the Android Central App

Thank you very much. In the UK and I've had a quick look at it in shops-it's a gorgeous looking phone. I suppose I was just looking for a real world opinion about how the two cameras compare. No complaints about the Z3 generally. Just feel the camera has been left behind a bit the last few years (and was just wondering if that's reality or the old grass is always greener feeling).

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you very much. In the UK and I've had a quick look at it in shops-it's a gorgeous looking phone. I suppose I was just looking for a real world opinion about how the two cameras compare. No complaints about the Z3 generally. Just feel the camera has been left behind a bit the last few years (and was just wondering if that's reality or the old grass is always greener feeling).
I had the Z3 as well as the S6. Last year I went on vacation with the Z3 and used its camera and I was pleased, particularly with the 4K recording. I think it is still a decent camera IMO. I do think that the S6 camera is better but that is not expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu