soon to be RAZR Maxx owner

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just called customer service today and got an early upgrade to take advantage of the leap day pricing. I was originally eligible on march 15. I couldn't believe they did it, last week they told me no way. I am a happy camper!:)

What is Leap Day Pricing ?

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I just called customer service today and got an early upgrade to take advantage of the leap day pricing. I was originally eligible on march 15. I couldn't believe they did it, last week they told me no way. I am a happy camper!:)

Congrats!! You're going to love this phone!

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
$100 off 4G phones. Today only.

Kewl

Great phone but I couldn't get them to do it for me a couple weeks ago
I got in on the BOGO and was 48 hours short of the upgrade date so they would only ship one I had to call and order the second on the day of my anniversary I actually called around 11pm and was told no to call back after midnight which I think they were closed so I did it at 8am and was ok.

I see they will not ship until March 12th maybe they will get more in and get yours out sooner

Did you still get double date with that price ?

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Kewl

Great phone but I couldn't get them to do it for me a couple weeks ago
I got in on the BOGO and was 48 hours short of the upgrade date so they would only ship one I had to call and order the second on the day of my anniversary I actually called around 11pm and was told no to call back after midnight which I think they were closed so I did it at 8am and was ok.

I see they will not ship until March 12th maybe they will get more in and get yours out sooner

Did you still get double date with that price ?

I still have unlimited data. I am hoping they get some in early.

noonan211

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine today! Shipped today! Should be here by Friday! Let's hear it for leap day prices! (as well as grandfathered unlimited data!)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Dang! I ordered mine off of VZW today as well. I even paid for overnight shipping. I hope mine ships today too. I was sad that I have to wait two weeks. I haven't gotten an email yet saying it's been shipped. I sure hope it happens.

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Dang! I ordered mine off of VZW today as well. I even paid for overnight shipping. I hope mine ships today too. I was sad that I have to wait two weeks. I haven't gotten an email yet saying it's been shipped. I sure hope it happens.

I ordered mine around 9 and got the shipment email around 4.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Good to know, thank you! I ordered mine around 11 a.m and have yet to hear back. I'm off work tomorrow so it would be PERFECT if it actually got shipped for the overnight that I paid for.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried to buy one in the store Monday morning after learning about the double data deal on Sunday. They didn't have any in stock, but had me shipped one, which arrived today, and is now activated. _LOVE_ the 4G speed after poking along on Sprint for many years, and I think I will love the battery. The display is merely okay (but good enough) and there are lots of small differences in the Motorola customizations versus the HTC customizations on my EVO 3D that are driving me slowly mad at the moment, but will get better in a few days as I get used to them! :) Biggest one is that the "home" and "menu" buttons are switched between the two phones! :p

green77

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine at 1:00 today and received an email at 7:01 tonight confirming delivery this Friday. Gonna miss my TBolt kickstand :'(

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Hooded Claw

Did you like your EVO 3D? I've never heard much about it.

I liked it fine, it wasn't "awesome" the way my EVO 4G had been. I liked the HTC customizations on Android, and felt they added something to the phone (so far I'm not liking the Motorola ones as well on my Razr). For me, the size of the 3D wasn't quite right, both my EVO 4G and my Razr are more comfortable to hold in my hand for some reason. Screen on the 3D was better than on my Razr, but not awesomely so. And as usual for non-Razr smartphones, battery life was a continual struggle on both EVOs. Both the 3D and the Razr are adequately powered, both ran smoothly with no glitches or bugs to speak of (though my experience of Razr is limited, but at least so far things are good on bugs!).

I don't see in 3D<!> so didn't give a hoot about the 3D features.

The big problem with the 3D wasn't the phone, it was sprint's network, which is truly awful and getting worse. They have lost most of their roaming partners for 3G data in my state, so rural data coverage had gone back to the days of my Palm Treo when it was like using dialup. And Sprint's 3G coverage, even in the center of town (I live in our state capital) was sluggish. I had tweaked a setting that wasn't supposed to be customer-accessible, and that significantly speeded things up over stock, but even with the hack, 3G was much inferior to that of other providers. I'd bought a Tmobile hotspot to use with my wifi iPad, and it SCREAMED compared to the Sprint service.

My verdict is that the EVO 3D is a perfectly fine phone, but saddled by a crummy network. Which is why I'm here, rather than still reading and occasionally posting in the EVO forums! :D

acroyle

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
my phone is on the truck out for delivery! Why didn't I have it delivered to my work! Now I have to wait until I get home around 6 this evening!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry