soon to be RAZR Maxx owner

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since Wednesday. Battery life lives up to the claims, radios and reception and data speed are AWESOME! Screen is okay, nothing special, but everything runs buttery smooth. I'm very content with my new phone.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon Wireless corporate office yesterday knowing I was not eligible for an upgrade. I hate the Thunderbolt so much I was willing to pay full price for the maxx. They gave me the promotional price anyways.

I am coming from a Thunderbolt as well. I want to throw this phone through a window so bad. I finally just decided that i will pay the $700 full price since I am not eligible for an upgrade until November of this year. I tried every store within a 100 mile area and nothing. Everything says they are out of stock until the March 12th. I finally took a chance and looked on Amazon, and I should receive my new Maxx on Monday.
I loved the Thunderbolt when it first came out, but then with all the issues of the rebooting constantly, it just got old. And Sense was okay but it kept force closing on me that I just decided I could not do it any more. And let's not even get on the battery life. Even with the extended battery on it that made everyone mention how thick it was there were times that by noon I was at around 30%. It got so bad, I have a charger at home, one at work, one in the car, and one I carry around in my bag with me.
Can anyone who is coming from the Thunderbolt tell me if there is any difference at all in signal strength? I know it will differ based on location, but I am wondering if you are noticing better/worse 4G in your normal work/home areas with the Maxx? Thanks.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone who is coming from the Thunderbolt tell me if there is any difference at all in signal strength? I know it will differ based on location, but I am wondering if you are noticing better/worse 4G in your normal work/home areas with the Maxx? Thanks.

I just picked mine up yesterday so I only have 24 hours experience with it and so far signal strength is fine. I'm in the heart of the DFW area so for what it's worth. Also I never experience any signal issues with my Thunderbolt.

Also I picked mine up at a non corporate store so if you haven't tried maybe you can find one as well.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I just picked mine up yesterday so I only have 24 hours experience with it and so far signal strength is fine. I'm in the heart of the DFW area so for what it's worth. Also I never experience any signal issues with my Thunderbolt.

Also I picked mine up at a non corporate store so if you haven't tried maybe you can find one as well.

I tried some non corporate stores here in El Paso and Las Cruces, and most of them say they don't even carry the phone in stock at all. I can wait until Monday, but it really is killing me.
I was asking about the signal strength because I saw posted on the GNex forums that there were issues with the radios in that phone. I also were reading some forums on different websites that some people are noticing better signal strength with this phone than with their other 4G phones. Don't think it will matter too much with me, as I am really looking forward to it. Monday just can't get here quick enough. I almost feel like I'm 8 years old again waiting those last few days for Christmas to get here!!

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm officially a Razr Maxx owner.

It feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

And fast. :cool:

And smooth. :D

My first smartphone as well. So much to learn about, so much to customize, so much to do.

justmatt

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine on Thursday and it looks like it should be in on Monday. This is my first Android handset. Do most people root their devices? I heard that to get a widget to toggle the 4g on and off on the home screen requires rooting. I suspect that I wont get 4g coverage at my house since I don't even get reliable 3g coverage and have to use a network extender to have my phone work reliably. Because of that, I would like to be able to quickly toggle it on or off as needed.

/Checks FedEx tracking, still in same location as before...

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine on Thursday and it looks like it should be in on Monday. This is my first Android handset. Do most people root their devices? I heard that to get a widget to toggle the 4g on and off on the home screen requires rooting. I suspect that I wont get 4g coverage at my house since I don't even get reliable 3g coverage and have to use a network extender to have my phone work reliably. Because of that, I would like to be able to quickly toggle it on or off as needed.

/Checks FedEx tracking, still in same location as before...

In regards to your question do most people root their device, I would say no.
Those of us that visit the forums make up a very small percentage of Android users.
Even still, there are a lot of users that still aren't rooted.
I rooted my previous two Android devices, but I've yet to root the Maxx.
I want to make sure I can still get the ICS update with no issues once it's released.
I've found quite of few methods of rooting the Maxx, but not too many ways of Unrooting.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

justmatt

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I wanted to avoid rooting as much as possible for the reasons you mentioned. Cant wait to get the phone in my hands and start playing with it.

/Checks FexEx again, still in the same location as before...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's the nature of Android users--we love tinkering! But I agree, I'm not a rooter. I'd rather not void my warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582