Sprint Galaxy S8 Spam & telemarketing texts

Wapani01

Jul 15, 2018
Visit site
Within the last few months, I've been getting a bunch of spam texts. I keep blocking each one, but more keep showing up, at least a few a day, now. All are from different American phone #'s from all over the country. I live in Missouri The same with the phone calls, which I don't answer #'s that I don't know.

I use the block feature all of the time. Is there a way to stop spam, completely? The texts always have a link attachment. Of course, I don't click on em. I don't respond to them. I don't even type in 'STOP' or 'OPT OUT'.

I DO get the occasional unknown # that's actually a business call. How can I stop the other spam & telemarketing calls and texts, completely? I put my phone number on no call list back in 2012.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Half those numbers calling you are spoofed so when you block one, they change their number and call again. That no call list is worthless because they can't be traced back with a spoofed number although carriers are working on ways to detect spoofed calls but that may take 1-2 more years. I just don't answer unless it's a number I know.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been getting text from "Wells Fargo" telling me that my bank account has been breached and to take action via link

...I don't have Wells Fargo.... at all... my friend used my phone one time to sign in his account before paying for a meal and a few hours I got the text (he used incognito mode I believe and didn't use my phone number or anything which is super weird)

what sucks more is that I sometimes get text from an email address and it won't let me block it cause it's not a number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54