Speaker blew out; Sprint blows

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Speaker blew out. Don't know how that happened. Long story short I sent it back to Samsung. They paid for shipping and repair is free since it's less than a year old. I told them the screen had burn in too; gonna take a look at that and they said it's covered and they'll replace it.

I went to Sprint first to see what they said. Robbery. Seriously. $35 cause I don't have insurance. Dude was like you really should get it. I'm like, yea, no: Why am I going to pay you monthly to not pay you later on something I don't have to pay to fix in the first place.

I understand Samsung covers the warranty; but, why don't they have some sort of agreement with them where they give me a new phone or something; and, send the broken one back to Samsung; or, at least have the option of them taking care of it and sending it to them for repair. Instead they are trying to make people pay for covered under warranty.

Won't have a phone for at least a week and half but free work and a new screen is worth it.

(Yes, I flashed stock images and locked it back up. :))

Kloneicle

May 2, 2011
Visit site
You buy a product from a store, that product usually is givin 15-30days return policy. The manufacturer gives you 1 year warrenty. Why should you expect a store to honor a manufacturer warrenty. It would be all well and dandy if all products were honored in store instead of dealing with the manufacturer. But that is not the case here. A company can offer personal repair/insurance at a cost just like every place does. To expect otherwise isn't the way things are done.

I see no reason for you to compain about sprint when this is the way every company does business. You want instant service thats why there are insurance plans. Manufacturer ends up being cheaper in the end, just think how much you would be paying for insurance. Its like over night delivery, just wait like a good little boy.

What your saying is like buying a big tv and having it go bad under 1 year. By your guide, walmart should have a aggreement with samsung to take the broken tv and let walmart deal with the hassle and time. Would be nice wouldn't it. TV Breaks, have a new one shortly there after. No insurance yey!

At most sprint would do is like my local store, offer a temporary throw away while I don't have a phone. Thats going the extra mile in my books.

If Blame is to be placed it should be with Samsung with having a product go bad before the warrenty ended. Make a better product. You as a customer shouldn't have issues like this. But it happens.

Last edited:

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My camera is going to be replaced and I have two options

-go through warranty for free repair. With out a phone for over a week.
Or

-pay sprint 35 dollars so they can replace the camera same day.

I paid the 35 dollars. Your choice buddy. Try that with att or verizon.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

awfrick

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, champ, eBay is right over there. Pick yourself up a D720 speaker and do it yourself.

Oh, wait, sorry, you want a trained professional like me to do it for free? Sprint 'blows' because they have to pay for the parts and labor they use to provide service to ungrateful and entitled customers like you?

Please. Take your whining over to Verizon or ATT, and enjoy their complete lack of technical support.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thread closed, comments & replies are getting to be in bad taste and don't need to be publicized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais