Speaker can blow itself out

Psycomantix

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine also and recieved it 5/6 (I live in a rural area) and by around 5/16 it was already blown out.. just had my alarm(one of the preloaded ones) set too high or something so now to listen to the speaker i can only have it about 1/2 the way up before it just turns into garbled, crappiness. I never listen to music through the speaker just because i was worried about this and then for my alarm to blow it sucked.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine went out today. I went through 6 S2's for this same problem. After that VZW offered me the Dinc as a replacement and I have had this one since the end of July this year. Unfortunately this one does the same thing my Storm's do. I work in a metal shop but I have to have my phone me. It looks like I'm back to a dumb phone when my contract is up, at least the cheap phones don't have the same problem these high end phones have.

davis194

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
mine blew a couple of months ago, got a nokia speaker for $3 that was a direct replacement off ebay, not 3 months later it has gone out again

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with the music and my speaker phone works great for calls. I don't need to have it louder It is loud enough on its own

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
The magnet in the rear speaker is very strong. Be wary of small metal particles getting in or by the screen on the back. Found this out after turning a set of rotors on a brake lathe.

jdazzr

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My speaker has "blown out" many times. Read back through this thread. Using a magnet to clean out particles that get lodged in the speaker will fix it. I've had to do it multiple times and every time the speaker goes back to normal.

flybub

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
My speaker has "blown out" many times. Read back through this thread. Using a magnet to clean out particles that get lodged in the speaker will fix it. I've had to do it multiple times and every time the speaker goes back to normal.

Unfortunately, the magnet trick doesn't work for me. I am a salesman for a metal fab shop and we have some super strong magnets, but it doesn't do any good. I assume when I am in the shop metal dust/shavings gets in my pockets, but I don't know how to keep it away from the speaker. I've been told to get an otterbox, but this is a thin sexy phone and I don't want some plastic case on it to make it look like I'm carrying a brick around. I'm on my 2nd getting ready to replace with a 3rd since last July. There are times I want my Moto E815 back :eek:

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The speaker can be replaced (granted you will VOID your warranty) Order a Nokia 6100 replacement speaker on ebay.. Then follow this YouTube - HTC Droid Incredible speaker replacement
I'll be trying this in a few days. My speaker is blown and sounding horrible. Guess I should cancel the insurance on the phone right since this voids the warrenty.

I really hope I don't kill my phone lol

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I took my Incredible apart to replace a blown rear speaker. I've never taken anything small like a phone apart before. I'll be honest I was sweating bullets lol. No really I was sweating I was so nervous.

I thought for sure I'd kill the phone and have to buy a new one, which would be a Thunderbolt but of course with no set in stone release date would leave me without a phone for a while.

Anyways, after all my worrying it was really easy to do, just followed instructions from a thread here and a youtube video. It also had the added benefit that I got to clean out some dust on my inside camera cover.

Also you can get an actual HTC Incredible speaker now instead of the Nokia one if you want the perfect fit plus it comes with a foam adhesive ring so it won't ever come loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana