speakerphone comes on when answering phone

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just got a replacement DInc2 today. Every time that I answer the phone, it is on speakerphone. I check the settings, and do not have "flip for speaker" checked. Any suggestions?

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen, and I do happen to have GoSMS installed.... Is there some correlation?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

saynt j

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Try recalibrating your g sensors... That seemed to fix the issue for me.
But I'm also going to email GO because I also am using GO SMS.

Composed, Edited, and Posted on my rooted DINC II ....

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It is GO SMS, I put Handsent on and have no problems, Handsent is basically the same except you cant put individual notifications.

amigosfriend

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got a replacement DInc2 today. Every time that I answer the phone, it is on speakerphone. I check the settings, and do not have "flip for speaker" checked. Any suggestions?

Hey!, maybe give this a try. I just had the same issue and what I did was turned
Off my phone, pulled the battery out then removed my sim card
And gave it about a minute before pluging it all in again. This acctually worked for me.
Good luck!
Vincenti.Hynix

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It is GO SMS, I put Handsent on and have no problems, Handsent is basically the same except you cant put individual notifications.

you can do that in GO SMS pro as well, but anyways idk if GO SMS could be to blame... they dont even work with the phone just SMS

IamReady

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

For what it's worth you can set individual notifications in Handcent as well. I personally just use the stock SMS client and have installed SMS Sounds Plus to get individual sounds for my different contacts.

tacrites

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
My DINC2 also now defaults the speakerphone one when making or receiving calls. I only have to hit the speakerphone button before talking but it's still a real PITA! I've tried pulling the battery, recalibrating the G sensor, turning off 'face down speakerphone'.

One thing I've noticed is that when ever I restart the phone it come up in a 'docking' mode. I have no idea what this is about but I'm sure it's related.

Any ideas?

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure driving mode is off, and don't use non proprietary chargers. I've also seen corrosion from water damage do that to the charging port before where it makes the phone think it's in a car dock...

Sent from my GT-P7510

jbemp

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
MY wife had the same issue with her phone one day after coming out of car mode..... Tried rebooting, tried taking out battery. final I took my square and plugged it into the head phone jack and unplugged it, and Valhalla its fixed! So if you have the issue with your phone going to speakerphone when ever someone calls try plugging in a head phone and see if it works!