Speed has gone downhill

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed in the decrease in snapiness and speed with this device? it just seems to lag all the time now, especially when opening apps.

EDIT: I'm running GO Launcher which uses 69MB, Just checked Sense and that uses 224MB!!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That happens to all phones over time.
We as users get more accustomed to it and the longer we have it the more apps and stuff we have on it. As we learn to use the phone more efficiently, we users get faster at using it while the phone can only stay the same OR get slower as we install more stuff.
Unless its an EPIC 4G. LOL the stock ROM on that was horrible.
I ended up putting ACS FRozen Rom on it and i swear it got so much faster even with all my apps re-installed.
I keep my EVO 3D as a back up to my Epic Touch and i do agree. The devices does seem much slower then i had before. Im hoping that when ICS drops for it the software will channel the dual cores better then GingerBread did.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I've been seeing a lot of lag recently. It's definitely more than when the phone was new. I'm also hoping the ICS update helps. If not, I may decided to root it (finally).

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Only bad thing about moving apps to SD card is, when you restart (total) it takes at least 3 mins for apps to load from the SD. Maybe I have a crappy card...

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Mine always seemed fine. I would try a new launcher or root the device and add a new ROM. Something that suites you better.

Or you can try a hard reset.

Last edited:

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by keeping yours organized? Any tips you could share would be appreciated.

Nothing special, just keeping tabs on what apps i can afford to get rid of, what files to delete, and anything else I can do to make things run smoother. It's nothing impressive or overly clever.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you dwb3838 I think Sprint has gotten slower! What is worse is this past month it seem txt's are lagging, 24 hours late or just not delivered!! If I did not have 5 phones on contract I swear I would drop Sprint and move on! Have been with them for 12 years now, seems a shame I feel this way!!

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely noticed the slowness and the lag. It's been gradually going down hill these past few weeks. I do hope ICS fixes some of it.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Lol, "fialnally decide to root".....

My phone has never showed any signs of lag... Or slowness... Or anything of that nature and I've been rooted since about 6 hours after I got the phone....

It's all about understanding how the memory of the phone works and how slthibgs get cluttered.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you dwb3838 I think Sprint has gotten slower! What is worse is this past month it seem txt's are lagging, 24 hours late or just not delivered!! If I did not have 5 phones on contract I swear I would drop Sprint and move on! Have been with them for 12 years now, seems a shame I feel this way!!

While Sprint's network is really slow in many areas, I think the OP was referring to the speed of the phone/UI, not the speed of the network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kazank